Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there anything special about the rendering of this lens? Tempted to Pick it up.

Posted (edited)

History told it was created for projection purpose, then later adapted to Visoflex use,

our Wiki Hektor F=12.5cm 1:2.5

• History - This lens has a interesting history and came close to never existing as a viso lens. Walther Benser gave lectures on Leica cameras with projection of slides before WWII. He used this lens on his projector. Then he was inducted into the German army, ended up as a photographer and was deep in the Caucasus when the Russians won the battle of Stalingrad. This meant that the Caucasus had to be evacuated by the German army. Walther was almost captured but made it out to Rostov. If captured this lens would never exist because he convinced Ernest Leitz II to make the lens for the Visoflex system. DannyBell

😉

I was tempted years ago, but never have one to say anything.

interesting read here

post #5

Edited by a.noctilux
Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's a nice collectible... as for usage, considering that is a Viso I lens (°), any modern 135 is better, even the Tele Elmarit with goggles is easier to manage, in case one really whishes more luminosity than the excellent tele Elmar f4.

(*) it needs the OUBIO for Viso II/III ... and this makes also clumsy its usage on digital M with EVF.... 

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.