voigtlander,the best leica lenses in the world

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sean Reid--a very careful reviewer--found essentially no optical difference between the VC 35 f/2 APO and the 35 Cron APO. Besides the Leica costing nearly 9x as much, it blocked very little of the viewfinder compared to the VC, which blocked around 25%--no small amount. But optically, nothing to chose from.

I also love the 75 f/1.5. I thought I had a defective copy and then realized I just wasn't used to such narrow focusing. 

I'd love to get the 50 f/3.5 heliar. Photos with it are amazing. After shelling out so much on modern Leica glass, I feel as if I'm actually getting paid to buy VC.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cboy said:

Is there anything in the voigtlander lineup theyre missing? Since theyre on a roll what would you like have next?

Id like voigtlander to revise their 50 f1.1 or even better go all out and put out their own 50 0.95 to blow out of the water all the MIC noctilux clones.

On a cosmetic wish id like all front chrome rings to be black chrome and have a focus tab for easier focusing.

I would like to see a 28mm f1.4 from voigtlander,i would try to buy that.

In 2021 voigtlander should be able to produce a lens much cheaper and technically better performing than the expensive leica model.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cboy said:

軒下デジカメ情報局 (@nokishita_c) Tweeted:
コシナが「NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical VM」を近日中に発表するらしい。発売予定日は2022年1月。#噂

Things are just getting better with voigt. A Voigt. Noct!

It looks a bit like the Canon 50/0.95 - short and fat https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1468877178645659650

The hood is not vented  - viewfinder blockage ? ; however  the  hood mount is not of the bright zeiss style, so good for  hood off users.

Can we get a compact-ish a 35/1 next please !

On 11/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, cboy said:

Is there anything in the voigtlander lineup theyre missing? Since theyre on a roll what would you like have next?

Id like voigtlander to revise their 50 f1.1 or even better go all out and put out their own 50 0.95 to blow out of the water all the MIC noctilux clones.

On a cosmetic wish id like all front chrome rings to be black chrome and have a focus tab for easier focusing.

You must be clairvoyant, Voightlander is rumoured to release 50mm f1 in 2022 and it ma6 look like this...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1

Am 10.12.2021 um 13:01 schrieb -ph-:

Here ist already a first hands-on video of it

Interesting how he overemphasizes the fact that the lens can be adapted literally to every mirrorless camera in the world.

The new year starts with a big bang for fast lens likers (pun). Due to the quality, the price, and reputation of Voigtländer they will probably supersede the cheap competitors from China.

• Like 1

Voigtlander have allegedly made one or two flaky lenses for the Fuji/ m43 systems but they are all supreme on the Nikon F system. Hoping that this new model will follow the latter example and deliver centre sharp images wide open separating it from the Chinese made copies, justifying its price and knocking on the Noctilux door. That their recent releases have been of top quality is beyond debate.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, 01maciel said:

Interesting how he overemphasizes the fact that the lens can be adapted literally to every mirrorless camera in the world.

The new year starts with a big bang for fast lens likers (pun). Due to the quality, the price, and reputation of Voigtländer they will probably supersede the cheap competitors from China.

Voigtlander and the chinese companies both point out the adaptability of their lenses to various systems including the pseudo medium format camera systems,which i think makes the production process more viable financially.

Interesting times as the voigtlander f1 is very small for such a fast lens.

The 7 artisans 75mm f1.25 is also small although i read that it is based on an old 50's zeiss biotar design but still of interest in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas to all happy VOIGTLÄNDER owners (and users) like myself. (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Heliar  Classic 1,8/75 f 1,8) :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 5:57 AM, rtai said:

I bought a Voigtlander 21mm f1.4 Nokton this afternoon, coded it as a 21mm Summilux, saw there’s still an hour of light and excitedly slapped it on my M10M for a test drive. First of all the built quality of the Nokton is phenomenal especially the aperture ring, so smooth the way it turns and click in place unlike Leica lenses that Forrest Gump box of chocolate not knowing what you are going to get - too sloppy too loose or too tight. I have only shot it 12 times x 1/2000 of a second but so far my impression is very positive. The Nokton is as sharp as the Summilux with a bit higher contrast. The subject separation is very good and so is the bokeh. What special about the Summilux is that while it is a sharp high resolution lens it has that smooth vintage look with phenomenal subject separation. The Nokton is very very good. When I am done testing it on the M10M I’ll leave it on the M8.2 for color.  Here are two NOKTON samples at F1.4 minimal exposure adjustments in LR Classic.

The Voigtlander 21 1.4 is remarkable lens.  I feel Voigtlanders in general are very good but there are a few recent products that are really top notch at any price.