voigtlander,the best leica lenses in the world

Advertisement (gone after registration)

26 minutes ago, Cl35mm said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That illustration is sheer and utter nonsense and grossly misleading; so much so that it is a complete joke. There is no way in the world a speck of dust on the rear element of, say, any M-mount lens could possibly create such a mess as the above image suggests. Not even close.

Do us all - including yourself - a favour; place a tiny speck of dust on any lens you have to hand, expose a frame  and post the result here so we can all - you included - can inspect exactly how much of an impact a speck of dust can have.

Might I suggest you carry out the above experiment before you reply? It might save you from further embarassment.

Philip.

• Like 1

Reminds me of my first Leica lens. A superb 50/2 v3 coming with a new M4 in the seventies. The thing had an air bubble in the glass. I could not care less but when i sold the lens a couple years later i had to explain the buyer that this was normal. Not that easy...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, charles tay said:

Does it make sense to own my first Leica M Body Camera M10 with Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 50mm f/2.0 Aspherical Lens? 

As much sense as anything else. Example: Buy a Sony camera and buy a Leica lens to put on it thinking you have the holy grail. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, charles tay said:

Does it make sense to own my first Leica M Body Camera M10 with Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 50mm f/2.0 Aspherical Lens? 

Of course it makes sense. Why wouldn't it? There have been lots of non-Leica lenses produced over the years, some better than those produced by Leica. Don't be sucked into fetishism with your camera. Find the lenses which do the job for you, fit your budget, and forget the idea that only Leica lenses belong on a  Leica body.

• Like 4

On 8/5/2021 at 2:56 PM, Cl35mm said:

1. this garbage should not be there. Right?

2. I know that this garbage is inside and it prevents me from creating a composition. At the level of thinking. So this dust affects the photograph.

3. This junk will affect the selling price.

4. This is voigtlander / carl zeiss.

One needn't stress over most scratches, let alone dust..won't see it in the image.  Ease your mind.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2008/10/front-element-scratches/

Jeff

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, charles tay said:

If i am to fit in the voigtlander 50mm lens into the M10 body, do i need to do any lens settings?

Nah, you won’t need to for a 50 mm lens. For wide angle you’d want to set a lens profile or do 6-bit coding. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charles tay said:

If i am to fit in the voigtlander 50mm lens into the M10 body, do i need to do any lens settings?

When using mine, I do set the lens detection manually in camera to the 11819 50mm Summicron, just so the EXIF is on the files to remind me later a 50/2 was used.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pippy said:

That illustration is sheer and utter nonsense and grossly misleading; so much so that it is a complete joke. There is no way in the world a speck of dust on the rear element of, say, any M-mount lens could possibly create such a mess as the above image suggests. Not even close.

Do us all - including yourself - a favour; place a tiny speck of dust on any lens you have to hand, expose a frame  and post the result here so we can all - you included - can inspect exactly how much of an impact a speck of dust can have.

Might I suggest you carry out the above experiment before you reply? It might save you from further embarassment.

Philip.

I have such an experience. The picture changes, but the gray dot remains in one place. The video can be thrown in the trash

I do not use such cameras as leicaQ, ricohGR, fuji x100. Weather protection does not save you from dust. Checked.

To clean the dust, you need to disassemble half of the camera

Voigtlander's quality control raises questions. The service raises questions. 

I was lucky that the dust is on the ring. And if it is on the back element? There is nothing you can do with the current level of service.

Edited by Cl35mm
  • Haha 2

I own a 50mm Summicron and also 15mm F/4.5, 35mm Nokton, and a 75mm f/2.4 (?) Color Skopar by CV that are all just great. The only neg here is the 35’s back-focus between f/2.8 and f/4 at close distances. Other than that, they are truly great. Are they “better” than their Leica counterparts? Don’t really know, but for me, they’re good enough. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lct said:

Reminds me of my first Leica lens. A superb 50/2 v3 coming with a new M4 in the seventies. The thing had an air bubble in the glass. I could not care less but when i sold the lens a couple years later i had to explain the buyer that this was normal. Not that easy...

Yes. Air bubbles in glass used to be a common 'feature'. Makes no difference to image-capture.

I picked up my 'Thin' Tele-Elmar for a bargain-price because there is a noticeable 'flaw' in the glass of the front element which resembles a near-rectangular 'chip'. The seller had reduced the asking price accordingly. Needless to say it doesn't affect lens-performance in the slightest.

Philip.

7 minutes ago, AceVentura1986 said:

I own a 50mm Summicron and also 15mm F/4.5, 35mm Nokton, and a 75mm f/2.4 (?) Color Skopar by CV that are all just great. The only neg here is the 35’s back-focus between f/2.8 and f/4 at close distances. Other than that, they are truly great. Are they “better” than their Leica counterparts? Don’t really know, but for me, they’re good enough. 

As a matter of interest, AceVentura, have you checked your Summicron for back-focus accuracy at those same settings and which version of Summicron do you use? I ask because I have a v4 Summicron and, when I tested a number of my lenses under studio test conditions, it exhibited pretty much the very same (and very slight) back-focus issues as does my 40mm f1.4 Nokton.

Just curious!

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cl35mm said:

I have such an experience. The picture changes, but the gray dot remains in one place. The video can be thrown in the trash

I do not use such cameras as leicaQ, ricohGR, fuji x100. Weather protection does not save you from dust. Checked.

To clean the dust, you need to disassemble half of the camera

Voigtlander's quality control raises questions. The service raises questions. 

I was lucky that the dust is on the ring. And if it is on the back element? There is nothing you can do with the current level of service.

Clean your sensor.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, pippy said:

I was thinking along the lines of a fingerprint / smear / oil / grease on the rear element. Because it certainly ain't caused by dust!

:lol:

Philip.

Indeed… if on lens, definitely not dust, other than maybe dust stuck to grease. 

Jeff

• Like 1