I ordered the m10-r black paint

JimmyCheng

3 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Hence my opinion. Much like my thoughts on bokeh frenzy… usually a bad look, and no substitute for putting in the work.

Ouch! ... I wouldn't say usually a bad look, just quick, easy. But I have to agree about the amount of time and effort - and usually a good dose of luck - required to capture a scene using light and form. Quick and easy seem to be the key words now though, much like taking a file to an M3 to give it an instant used look. Oh, we're back where we started :) 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ianman said:

Ouch! ... I wouldn't say usually a bad look, just quick, easy. But I have to agree about the amount of time and effort - and usually a good dose of luck - required to capture a scene using light and form. Quick and easy seem to be the key words now though, much like taking a file to an M3 to give it an instant used look. Oh, we're back where we started :) 

Exactly how I meant it… quick and easy (plus the typically bad look…often out of focus subject, tiring background bubbles, etc).

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Took a pic of my copy with zero wear. Perfect condition atm. 
Photo consists of 1 M camera, 1 homemade stencil, 1 bronze dress from da wife, and a 50mm APO Black Paint edition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flu said:

Took a pic of my copy with zero wear. Perfect condition atm. 
Photo consists of 1 M camera, 1 homemade stencil, 1 bronze dress from da wife, and a 50mm APO Black Paint edition.

This looks delicious. I am not of a fan of fake brassing.

• Like 2

Naturally aging and brassing would probably be the best and I’d agree to that. But the issue I have is that I rotate the use of my cameras. Currently, I have over 15 bodies with the majority of them being limited edition Ms - many even more special than this BP M. Meaning, I’d chose to use those instead of the new camera. Even if I add this into the rotation and use it equally among the other Ms, I’d at most get to use it once or maybe twice a month. At this rate, I think the paint will outlast even my lifespan lol. 

1 hour ago, Flu said:

I have over 15 bodies with the majority of them being limited edition Ms

May I invite you to this fascinating thread to tell us about your 15 Ms, why you got them, and where do you see yourself in 10 years from now ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 6:32 AM, Steven said:

After two days using my M10R, it seems that there is an issue with the shutter button. It needs to be pressed harder than usual to trigger a shot. 

At first, I thought it was my unit that was defective. Now I wonder if it has to do with the silver/BP design. It's "sticky" and need more strength to be activated. 

Unfortunately, I believe I'm the only one here for the moment to have one. So no one else can check. 

On Tuesday, I'll have a second unit and be able to checK. 

I just got my Black Paint M10R , after two days of use, I also got the exact same Issue with the Shutter!

It was working perfectly when I opened up the unit for inspection at the Leica Dealer, but after two days of moderate use (less than 100 shots), basically you can't trigger the Shot if you press it from the Half-press state (you could sometimes, but you have to press it down really hard but doing this will actually introduce shake!)

I can still trigger the shot if I quickly press down hard without stopping halfway/ half press. Again, this means some shake will be introduce because you need to apply some pressure down quickly in one swift action. I brought it back to the Leica dealer where I bought it, and they acknowledged (comparing it with the other normal M10R in the shop) that it has to be a sticky shutter situation. They can't provide me a one-to-one exchange due to the lack of replacement unit and most probably need to send back for servicing. Really disappointing for such a premium item :(

21 minutes ago, dsetiono01 said:

I just got my Black Paint M10R , after two days of use, I also got the exact same Issue with the Shutter!

It was working perfectly when I opened up the unit for inspection at the Leica Dealer, but after two days of moderate use (less than 100 shots), basically you can't trigger the Shot if you press it from the Half-press state (you could sometimes, but you have to press it down really hard but doing this will actually introduce shake!)

I can still trigger the shot if I quickly press down hard without stopping halfway/ half press. Again, this means some shake will be introduce because you need to apply some pressure down quickly in one swift action. I brought it back to the Leica dealer where I bought it, and they acknowledged (comparing it with the other normal M10R in the shop) that it has to be a sticky shutter situation. They can't provide me a one-to-one exchange due to the lack of replacement unit and most probably need to send back for servicing. Really disappointing for such a premium item :(

Hello, 

both my M10R Bp had this issue. And many others too, while not all. 

i received this message from a user yesterday. Haven’t been able to verify yet. 

“Hi

i had the issue with M10R and it weakened then stopped firing. When they were about to send it to Germany they found out it’s very simple fix just tightening lose screw. At the store workshop “

2 hours ago, Steven said:

Hello, 

both my M10R Bp had this issue. And many others too, while not all. 

i received this message from a user yesterday. Haven’t been able to verify yet. 

“Hi

i had the issue with M10R and it weakened then stopped firing. When they were about to send it to Germany they found out it’s very simple fix just tightening lose screw. At the store workshop “

Oh gosh, so sounds like there's something fundamentally flawed with the design of this particular Special Edition model.

Like you said, could be the combination of new components may have introduced different tolerance threshold, hopefully it's as easy as a fix as tightening a loose screw and a one time fix, and hope they take this feedback to fix their current and future batches, otherwise this could grow into something like the M9 CCD Corrosion fiasco.

Too bad my local service centre is closed for Banking holiday tomorrow :( I guess I can only hope I can fire a few more shots before it stops firing altogether ...

I also ordered a film camera, which feels very harmonious with the film camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Am 20.7.2021 um 10:31 schrieb kerr_fly:

I also ordered a film camera, which feels very harmonious with the film camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What a dream team!

***CONGRATULATIONS***

Can you describe the finish of the M10-R black paint in comparison to the MP? Is it the same shiny deep black paint or more of the common matte black paint of the M type 240 or M9?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

22 minutes ago, mole73 said:

What a dream team!

***CONGRATULATIONS***

Can you describe the finish of the M10-R black paint in comparison to the MP? Is it the same shiny deep black paint or more of the common matte black paint of the M type 240 or M9?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

Same as MP. 

• Thanks 1