What‘s the smallest bag (possible) for the Leica Q2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You can try also this:

OP/TECH Soft Pouch™ - Digital D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 11:35 AM, falcon468 said:

I have been using the Domke F-8 small canvas bag. It is packed and ready go to Iceland next week.  I use it in conjunction with a Gordy's large leather strap with a holder attached. For me, its been a great set up.

Hoping the rain will stop - I'll be landing in Iceland July 13th. Should be fun! Have a great time and good shooting!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/25/2021 at 12:08 AM, thelivingyears said:

Actually I am sure this is no issue. Most photo bags are black. Thinktanks are also very popular with photographers because they are „unimpossing“

It depends on how hot it is and how intense the sun is, and how long of a period of time your camera bag is exposed to the outdoor heat and direct sunlight. 

During the cool and cold months of the year, I will use my Filson bags that are a dark green color https://www.filson.com/bags-luggage/briefcases-messengers/medium-rugged-twill-field-bag.html#sku=11070232-fco-000971914

During the warm and hot months, I will use a light colored bag, particularly when it is hot and I am going to be outdoors for long periods in bright, intense sunlight.  A black or dark camera bag is fine under those conditions if you are in and out of buildings and you car for brief periods of time.  But:  When it's 85+ degrees and the sun is beating down and I'm going to be outside in the sun for long periods of time,  I will use one of my light colored camera bags.  

It is a proven fact that dark colors absorb heat much more efficiently than light colors and that light colors keep the contents of a bag or the person wearing light colored clothing more cool than than dark colors or black.

I use a Fogg Soprano, but their Flute is smaller and the Q2 fits nicely.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Herr Barnack:

It is a proven fact that dark colors absorb heat much more efficiently than light colors and that light colors keep the contents of a bag or the person wearing light colored clothing more cool than than dark colors or black.

This goes without saying. 

But still I don‘t think it makes a difference. But I have no scientific proof. Is there any research on this topic? 

20 minutes ago, thelivingyears said:

This goes without saying. 

But still I don‘t think it makes a difference. But I have no scientific proof. Is there any research on this topic? 

t made me do a quick research - well, yes, dark color do absorb more radiation, but:

https://www.gomeslab.net/post/true-or-false-wearing-light-colored-clothes-in-hot-weather-is-better-than-wearing-darker-clothing

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3873

it looks there is way more to it, and makes sense. In short a tight fit bag is more of a problem than it's color it seems

Edited by nwphil

vor 2 Minuten schrieb nwphil:

t made me do a quick research - well, yes, dark color do absorb more radiation, but:

https://www.gomeslab.net/post/true-or-false-wearing-light-colored-clothes-in-hot-weather-is-better-than-wearing-darker-clothing

http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=3873

it looks there is way more to it, and makes sense. In short a tight fit bag is more of a problem than it's color it seems

I don‘t doubt that dark color do absorb more radiation. Of course not. But I don‘t believe that it plays any significant role for the camera when choosing a bag. 

Thanks for the links. Will have a look at them/read them. :)

1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

I use a Fogg Soprano, but their Flute is smaller and the Q2 fits nicely.

I love Fogg bags.  But Holy Moses, the prices!  They make my eyes bleed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

at one point does not matter if the bag is white or black - leaving the bag under strong direct sunlight for hours is likely to potentially damage some electronics or dry the lube ( on mechanicals) - but who really does that? The thing with black bags is that they get dirty so easy but less prone to show rubbing wear.

since most cameras are black, it's way more important to me is the inside color. There are plenty of choices in shapes, and sizes, some less of materials and colors, but in the end, they all shared the same overpriced tag for what they are.

4 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

I love Fogg bags.  But Holy Moses, the prices!  They make my eyes bleed.

True . . . they are not cheap, but the quality beats anything out there.  And they last.  I'm still using a Bumble Bee (number 93) which is at least 25 years old.  Made before they moved to France and has the old UK address, 47b Wanstead Place, London E11 2SW, stamped inside.

A few years ago I needed some new dividers.  I contacted Fogg and bee berman (always written lower case!) said no problem, but it would be too much hassle to raise an invoice, so  could I just send them some English books, any novels would do, as they were difficult to obtain in rural France.  So that's what I did and the new dividers arrived a week later with my name stamped inside.

Lovely people, personal service.

• Like 1