What‘s the smallest bag (possible) for the Leica Q2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I really want to keep it small. So I‘m looking for a bag that basically just holds the Leica Q2 and nothing more. Can you recommend any bag that only fits the Leica Q2?

The often recommended Billingham 72 also seems to increase the size noticeably. Is there a more compact alternative? Or is this as small as one can get?

Edited by thelivingyears

if you don't really care about protection over size, there are wraps and drawstring bags. i got a billingham binocular bag  which is pretty small, but after 3 of that brand bags i realize i don't like anything about them.  i ended up with a $20 tamrac which holds the q2 and a filter and a spare battery and memory cards and not much else, /guy

You might consider Peak Design’s 3L sling or a Hadley Digital. Another alternative for just the camera is the Oberwerth crossbody holster. The Billingham 72 is a really beautiful bag that I owned for the same intention as you (a bag for just the camera) but later sold as it just didn’t work on my body type as it was too square overall (width and depth) and I could never find a comfortable way to carry it.

• Like 2

I like coach men's bag, you might choose women's bag too if that fits you better.

Here are some examples. 

https://www.coachoutlet.com/products/mini-edge-double-pouch-crossbody-in-colorblock-signature-canvas-with-striped-coach-patch/C4295.html?dwvar_color=QBCAH#start=7

https://www.coachoutlet.com/products/mini-edge-double-pouch-crossbody/2810.html?dwvar_color=QBP4Z#&gid=1&pid=1

But I would choose a little bigger, not just make for the Q/Q2. See their other examples.

• Like 1

I brought my Q2 to a camera store for just that purpose: to find the smallest bag that I could also attach to my belt.  It does come with a strap and holds a few cards and a filter.

Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 10.

It is perfect for me.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I have the cheap CaseLogic Broker Mirrorless bag, the Q2 with handgrip, thumb rest and finger loop fit perfectly inside.

Thats the smallest I know for only the Q2 and it protects well, I use it to store the camera in a messenger bag od backpack.

Chris

I have this one when I want to travel light, e.g. going to an event https://oberwerth.com/en/collections/kamerataschen/products/kameratasche-bayreuth?variant=35529579561111

Not cheap but beautifully made and goes with smart clothes if you are going somewhere special (like a wedding, dinner at a restaurant).  It is smaller than it looks in the pictures.  I don't try to stuff anything else into it.  Will take an M or a Q or a CL so quite versatile depending on what camera you want to take along.

Thank you very much for all the proposal! I appreciate your help a lot!

I‘ve made up my mind between the CaseLogic (seems to be the smallest one so far) and the Thinktank Mover 10. In the end I ordered the Thinktank now, since I like its design more. Basically, I like Thinktank products. I suppose it‘s a bit larger than the CaseLogic, but probably not that much.

I will report back if it works out. If not, I will have to continue my search :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thelivingyears said:

Thank you very much for all the proposal! I appreciate your help a lot!

I‘ve made up my mind between the CaseLogic (seems to be the smallest one so far) and the Thinktank Mover 10. In the end I ordered the Thinktank now, since I like its design more. Basically, I like Thinktank products. I suppose it‘s a bit larger than the CaseLogic, but probably not that much.

I will report back if it works out. If not, I will have to continue my search :)

i have camera systems in like 4 of the thinktank bags. the worst thing i can say about them is that the top handle depends on the magnets and can't be trusted. if you have the top zipped you're ok except you'll find it's dangling by the 6" or so of that top cover. /guy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gteague said:

i have camera systems in like 4 of the thinktank bags. the worst thing i can say about them is that the top handle depends on the magnets and can't be trusted. if you have the top zipped you're ok except you'll find it's dangling by the 6" or so of that top cover. /guy

I don't see any difference between the two as far as the handle.  They both have to be zipped for the lid to be secure enough to use the handle on the lid.  I always zip my Thinktank when transporting it and don't rely on the magnet.  When I have it on my belt, the magnet works well enough to keep the lid closed to protect the camera from rain or mist.  The camera fits very tightly in the case.  The thinktank does come with a waterproof shroud that i have never used.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Aram Langhans said:

I don't see any difference between the two as far as the handle.  They both have to be zipped for the lid to be secure enough to use the handle on the lid.  I always zip my Thinktank when transporting it and don't rely on the magnet.  When I have it on my belt, the magnet works well enough to keep the lid closed to protect the camera from rain or mist.  The camera fits very tightly in the case.  The thinktank does come with a waterproof shroud that i have never used.

yeah, i didn't describe it well. let's try again. if you have the top unzipped and try to pick it up by the handle which is on the flap, the magnet on the flap will separate and the bag will turn 90° and could spill your gear out on the ground or floor. i forget all the time that i've left the zipper open but i can usually correct things when i fell the flap give way when i try to lift it. if you're carrying it on the strap with the zipper open, the flap allows quick access and there's no issue. but i don't carry it often and just store the camera inside with the top zipper open and the flap closed. 

/guy

On 6/23/2021 at 10:28 PM, Aram Langhans said:

I brought my Q2 to a camera store for just that purpose: to find the smallest bag that I could also attach to my belt.  It does come with a strap and holds a few cards and a filter.

Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 10.

It is perfect for me.

The small Think Tank bags are nice, but it's summer. 

When it's 95 degrees outside, I want to have a light colored camera bag, not a black one:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/16012-REG/Domke_700_52S_F_5XB_Shoulder_Belt_Bag_Sand.html

Edited by Herr Barnack

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Herr Barnack:

These are nice bags, but it's summer.  When it's 95 degrees outside, I want to have a light colored camera bag, not a black one. 😳

Actually I am sure this is no issue. Most photo bags are black. Thinktanks are also very popular with photographers because they are „unimpossing“