Jump to content

Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 Aspherical II Image Thread


bcapphoto
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

16 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

Leica MD-262 and Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 Aspherical II 

 

15 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

I haven't - I've put the Nokton head-to-head with the 50mm Planar, but not the Sonnar. I'm interested. I haven't tried the Sonnar TBH because the focus shift issues scare me away.

These look really good to me! Are these wide-open? I think many people mentioned heavy vignetting wide-open, did you notice it or get bothered by it? 

Yeah focus shift is my concern as well since I will be using the lens with my M240.

Btw how does Nokton compare to Planer? I imagine Planar is sharper and more clinical

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Victor Luo said:

 

These look really good to me! Are these wide-open? I think many people mentioned heavy vignetting wide-open, did you notice it or get bothered by it? 

Yeah focus shift is my concern as well since I will be using the lens with my M240.

Btw how does Nokton compare to Planer? I imagine Planar is sharper and more clinical

Yeah  - these are wide open IIRC. There is a really heavy vignette wide open, but I just correct for that in LR. I actually have a develop preset just for this lens to get rid of it; nice and simple with 1-click. 

 

I'm no lens tester, but I set up a few scenes side-by-side. Here are a few. 

 

This is the Nokton @ f/1.5 vs. the Planar @ f/2: 

Here's the same scene but with the Nokton @ f/2 so it's comparable to the Zeiss: 

Here's the Nokton vs. the Zeiss for another scene: 

And here's a 100% crop of the above for each: 

I'd put the Nokton up against the Zeiss in the sharpness department any day of the week. Your thoughts? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Victor Luo said:



Btw how does Nokton compare to Planer? I imagine Planar is sharper and more clinical

Here's another set of the Nokton vs. the Planar, full scene and then 100% crop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Victor Luo said:


Btw how does Nokton compare to Planer? I imagine Planar is sharper and more clinical

Here's another few crops to show that the Planar's bokeh is quite a bit busier than that of the Nokton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

Yeah  - these are wide open IIRC. There is a really heavy vignette wide open, but I just correct for that in LR. I actually have a develop preset just for this lens to get rid of it; nice and simple with 1-click. 

 

I'm no lens tester, but I set up a few scenes side-by-side. Here are a few. 

 

This is the Nokton @ f/1.5 vs. the Planar @ f/2: 

Here's the same scene but with the Nokton @ f/2 so it's comparable to the Zeiss: 

Here's the Nokton vs. the Zeiss for another scene: 

And here's a 100% crop of the above for each: 

I'd put the Nokton up against the Zeiss in the sharpness department any day of the week. Your thoughts? 

 

41 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

Here's another few crops to show that the Planar's bokeh is quite a bit busier than that of the Nokton. 

Thank you so much for sharing these comparison photos! 

Have to say, at f2 Nokton looks as sharp as Zeiss to my eye and the bokeh is indeed smoother! Are you keeping both?

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Victor Luo said:

 

Thank you so much for sharing these comparison photos! 

Have to say, at f2 Nokton looks as sharp as Zeiss to my eye and the bokeh is indeed smoother! Are you keeping both?

I was borrowing a buddy’s Planar so I never owned it to begin with. I was considering buying one, but after seeing how well the Nokton held up, I think I’m good!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

I was borrowing a buddy’s Planar so I never owned it to begin with. I was considering buying one, but after seeing how well the Nokton held up, I think I’m good!

I see. I think I'm gonna go with Nokton for my 50mm!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am 29.6.2021 um 23:41 schrieb Dennis:

any shapes like this for 43mm thread?

Just a screenshot of a third part lens hood.

Yes! - Haoge LH-ZV02P

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, bcapphoto said:

Yeah  - these are wide open IIRC. There is a really heavy vignette wide open, but I just correct for that in LR. I actually have a develop preset just for this lens to get rid of it; nice and simple with 1-click. 

 

I'm no lens tester, but I set up a few scenes side-by-side. Here are a few. 

 

This is the Nokton @ f/1.5 vs. the Planar @ f/2: 

Here's the same scene but with the Nokton @ f/2 so it's comparable to the Zeiss: 

Here's the Nokton vs. the Zeiss for another scene: 

And here's a 100% crop of the above for each: 

I'd put the Nokton up against the Zeiss in the sharpness department any day of the week. Your thoughts? 

for sure .  Looks sharper than the Zeiss in the second set ! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...