Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 Aspherical II Image Thread

bcapphoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Picked up this lens last week and love it so far; has a real magical character wide open @ f/1.5. Share your images!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M-D262 and Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 Aspherical II 

• Like 11

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Nice images @bcapphoto.  I am looking at this lens (versus the 50mm Pre-ASPH lux, mostly due to size & price savings).

Honestly? I'm still having that same debate/comparison, haha. The Lux is intriguing for me and "pulling me in" but from a pure logical standpoint, I know it doesn't make sense stacked up against the Nokton ii. Not only is the drawing on this lens absolutely stunning, but the size is incredible! I did some side-by-sides with the 50mm Summicron v3 and 50mm Planar if you're interested in checking them out: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ggqo3lf0hz2e7q/AADTDc_EzhSxDALKenJoE9Ija?dl=0

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bcapphoto said:

Honestly? I'm still having that same debate/comparison, haha. The Lux is intriguing for me and "pulling me in" but from a pure logical standpoint, I know it doesn't make sense stacked up against the Nokton ii. Not only is the drawing on this lens absolutely stunning, but the size is incredible! I did some side-by-sides with the 50mm Summicron v3 and 50mm Planar if you're interested in checking them out: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ggqo3lf0hz2e7q/AADTDc_EzhSxDALKenJoE9Ija?dl=0

Ah wonderful thanks for the link - I own the Cron v3.    I'm hearing you, I like the idea of the Lux especially as Cron is my daily carry so the weight of the Lux wouldn't be an issue - more so something I would take when I need it.  But of course the head says Nokton VII for all the reasons you have mentioned.  I worry for the Cron though if I was to purchase the Nokton . Thanks so much for the DB link 

Edited by grahamc

9 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Ah wonderful thanks for the link - I own the Cron v3.    I'm hearing you, I like the idea of the Lux especially as Cron is my daily carry so the weight of the Lux wouldn't be an issue - more so something I would take when I need it.  But of course the head says Nokton VII for all the reasons you have mentioned.  I worry for the Cron though if I was to purchase the Nokton . Thanks so much for the DB link 

The Summicron v3 has some real special rendering; very smooth and much lower contrast than the Nokton ii. But that extra stop of light and the look wide open is something wonderful that you just can't get with the Cron! 

• Like 1

• Like 6

• Like 8

Some comparison examples between Nokton 50 f1,5 v2 Vs. Lux Asph. I’ll leave 24h for you to comment which one is which…

• Like 3

One more… 😅

• Like 3

22 hours ago, sergiomarried said:

Some comparison examples between Nokton 50 f1,5 v2 Vs. Lux Asph. I’ll leave 24h for you to comment which one is which…

Super interested to hear. I think it's hard to tell here @ web-res, but I'd argue that this Nokton 50mm f/1.5 has really nailed it that I bet it'd be hard to tell even at full-res. I don't have a guess and it's hard to guess because the subjects/scenes are different. But curious to hear which is which!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bcapphoto said:

Super interested to hear. I think it's hard to tell here @ web-res, but I'd argue that this Nokton 50mm f/1.5 has really nailed it that I bet it'd be hard to tell even at full-res. I don't have a guess and it's hard to guess because the subjects/scenes are different. But curious to hear which is which!

You have to decide for one, common! To be honest, they’re very close, this is just for the sake of having some fun…

Sorry for that delay  @Dennis Pushed a bit for more people to enter the game… Anyway, we’ll have more chance of comparing real life photos if you want. 

Top picture - 50 Lux Asph

The other below is made with Nokton 50mm f1,5 v2

All made with M10M.

Let me know your thoughts please, I’m curious. Best regards from Spain 

• Like 1