Looking for a cheap rubber eyepiece for the Leica R5

mbphotox

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey guys.

I have a Leica R5 with a collection of lenses (28/2.8, 50/2, 90/2, and 135/2.8) that I want to shoot more often from now on.

However, I don't really understand why there is no eyepiece at all. Putting my eye up against hard plastic feels kinda weird.

I found the Leitz 14215 rubber eyecup that would be perfect. However, I cannot find it anywhere anymore at a reasonable price.

This is what I had in mind: https://www.fotodotti.it/leica-14215-ernst-leitz-wetzlar-eyecup-conchiglia-mirino-leicaflex-sl-2-r3-r4-r5.html

Does anyone know of any alternatives or of a source where one could get such a piece at a good price?
Often times, you can use items from other manufacturers that fit perfectly. (e.g. the screw-in eye-cup for Nikon, Fujica, etc.)

for instance, I found that the Sony FDA-EP12 Eyepiece Cup appears to fit the Minolta X700. Is it possible that this would also fit the Leica R5? Because you can get them for 10 bucks brand new.

Lind regards

Edited by mbphotox