Capture One for M10-R or M10-Monochrom?

RS-Colo

1 hour ago, Photoworks said:

YES, Capture One Pro has very good colors on the M10-R, most time I just desaturate a little and done. Much better then Lightroom.

Forget about DxO

Better than for M10 24Mp?

I wanted to switch, as my preferred choice is C1 with Fujifilm. All was going well until I realized I have more highlight latitude in Lightroom than I do with C1. 1 - 100 in LR shows a significant amount of latitude in comparison to C1. I can bring them down almost entirely, but with C1 they just become flat, and “mattish” in appearance. 
Very ugly looking end result.  

C1 seems to have finer details after interpolation though, and as a result are also sharper. I’ve also noticed there’s more noise too, perhaps a trade off, but I prefer the noise structure more in LR. 

I hope they continue to improve C1 to work better with Leica. I would love to be able to switch over completely. 

Edited by Oswalt

17 minutes ago, Oswalt said:

I wanted to switch, as my preferred choice is C1 with Fujifilm. All was going well until I realized I have more highlight latitude in Lightroom than I do with C1. 1 - 100 in LR shows a significant amount of latitude in comparison to C1. I can bring them down almost entirely, but with C1 they just become flat, and “mattish” in appearance. 
Very ugly looking end result.  

C1 seems to have finer details after interpolation though, and as a result are also sharper. I’ve also noticed there’s more noise too, perhaps a trade off, but I prefer the noise structure more in LR. 

I hope they continue to improve C1 to work better with Leica. I would love to be able to switch over completely. 

Sounds like you should try moving does sliders again C1 is famous for having better highlights recovery and rolloff 

46 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

Sounds like you should try moving does sliders again C1 is famous for having better highlights recovery and rolloff 

Famous for having better highlights recovery and roll off? Did you read that on the Internet? Not remotely the case with my M10r, or Canon equipment. I prefer C1 with GFX and XF, as it’s really dialled in there. But Leica is using Adobe’s proprietary DNG format so I’m not surprised LR is superior. C1 and Leica is a rather new pairing - they really dragged their heels on fixing the initial shadow issues with the M10r, almost eight months after release. The lack of support has been very apparent and I think only now they are putting in more effort. 

Where C1 really shines is with Phase one equipment, tethered, and doing mostly studio portraits. But I don’t do that often enough anymore, and I find LR more of a goldilocks approach which I appreciate. 

Edited by Oswalt

8 hours ago, Oswalt said:

Famous for having better highlights recovery and roll off? Did you read that on the Internet? Not remotely the case with my M10r, or Canon equipment. I prefer C1 with GFX and XF, as it’s really dialled in there. But Leica is using Adobe’s proprietary DNG format so I’m not surprised LR is superior. C1 and Leica is a rather new pairing - they really dragged their heels on fixing the initial shadow issues with the M10r, almost eight months after release. The lack of support has been very apparent and I think only now they are putting in more effort. 

Where C1 really shines is with Phase one equipment, tethered, and doing mostly studio portraits. But I don’t do that often enough anymore, and I find LR more of a goldilocks approach which I appreciate. 

I didn't wright the reviews, but I think your comment maybe a little misleading , the 2 programs are close and with should be considered, but I have been using capture one since version 2 and I am convinced it is better in some situation.

Lightroom has some future that I use that are better the C1P.

the curve response from MID ti HIGH tone is still better in C1P to my taste.

When the M10-R came on to the market Adobe had a temporary profile for it. the sensor color response is based on the Leica S3 and it different from he other M10's.

Capture One tends to include a profile when it is ready. but at this point it is amazing how accurate the color response is from what you see on the camera screen and reality .

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 6:47 AM, Photoworks said:

they always have a 30days trail

I own C1 since version 6. My question is will it give me better results with the M10-R than with M10, which I sold because I couldn’t get the colors to my liking: too yellow and too saturated and impossible within C1 to get them neutral, LR was even worse. I have the impression that Luminar is better in that respect. With the M10-R files it seems better, but I’m not sure. 

Back in my  fuji days C1 was very useful and tangibly better than LR

With Leica IMHO, I'm less convinced... C1 in my opinion at least just seem to not really put a lot of effort into Leica support - maybe that's got better with the latest cameras.

I dislike how C1 is incapable of automatically applying a lens profile based on exif, I'm not convinced that the lens profiles in C1 for Leica glass actually do anything (my 35 'rit has quite visible distortion that adobe's profile removes and C1's doesn't)

Speaking of lenses, I also like how LR has profiles for Zeiss and CV M mount glass (which C1 does not)

I still use LR6 and I will say that C1v20 is significantly faster and more stable on my system. I like many of the extra tools that C1 has.

Just for me at least... I find it easier to make edits that I prefer the look of in LR than I do in C1.

I think all the raw softwares are capable of good results if you put in the time and effort, but when one app (in this case for me LR) offers results I prefer with less effort it becomes very hard to summon the motivation to use anything else!

• Thanks 1

Here's what I found: above Luminar4 development of M10R crop 75%, below same crop size from C1. No further adjustments. From C1 still a little yellow ( although not nearly as yellow as the M10 files) and from Luminar in my view nice neutral whites (let's not discuss the background here). Luminar development considerably sharper, you have to click on the images to see that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by otto.f

11 hours ago, Photoworks said:

I didn't wright the reviews, but I think your comment maybe a little misleading , the 2 programs are close and with should be considered, but I have been using capture one since version 2 and I am convinced it is better in some situation.

Lightroom has some future that I use that are better the C1P.

the curve response from MID ti HIGH tone is still better in C1P to my taste.

When the M10-R came on to the market Adobe had a temporary profile for it. the sensor color response is based on the Leica S3 and it different from he other M10's.

Capture One tends to include a profile when it is ready. but at this point it is amazing how accurate the color response is from what you see on the camera screen and reality .

There’s nothing misleading about my experiences with both editing suites. Anyone can test this and see the results. It’s very evident that there is discrepancies between highlight recovery between them - LR being superior in that regard for the time being. 

5 hours ago, otto.f said:

Here's what I found: above Luminar4 development of M10R crop 75%, below same crop size from C1. No further adjustments. From C1 still a little yellow ( although not nearly as yellow as the M10 files) and from Luminar in my view nice neutral whites (let's not discuss the background here). Luminar development considerably sharper, you have to click on the images to see that.

the saturation and contrast is higher, if you just slide contrast down you probably get to the same color response

I have the Capture 1 and waiting for the İpad version which will be out early 2022..  for me it is too hard to use on macbook pro.. lightroom is much more easy and has the mobile version.. let's see what will the mobile version of capture one feature..

• Like 1

I tried using CO21 and compared the results with lightroom but I'm not very satisfied.

CO21 is much worse in handling sharpness and high contrast parts of the photos.

For M10R I use lightroom only .

On 6/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, otto.f said:

Isn't sharpening a preset in both Luminar and C1?