Summilux-R 80mm image thread!

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I only recently picked one of these up after wanting a nice portrait lens to replace my old Olympus 45mm f1.8 when I shot m43 (not that I've had the chance to use it in that capacity yet). I'd love to see some of your old favourites during these lock-down times before I can go out and make some myself! Here are the usual around the house shots to start us off, all shot on digital SL, edited in Lightroom and resized for this post in Preview (so I hope not too much quality lost). 

Wide-open. Note the slightly circular bokeh and vintage softness everywhere but the centre of the frame (which is still hardly sharp). I like this look in very select circumstances and dislike it in others. Vignette exaggerated in post.

90% sure this was at f2, miiiight be f2.8. This is my favourite range of this lens so far. Plenty sharp, loads of character, goldilocks zone (for me).

f5.6, though note that I have reduced clarity in the top and bottom thirds of the image to help create a more dreamy look while leaving the tree-lines sharp. I did want to show how the lens handles colour, as to my taste it is beautiful. 

EDIT::Added aperture and edit info to each image.

Edited by tedd
Posted (edited)

I've assumed that this is an 'open' thread for all forum members to share their 80/1.4 Summilux-R pictures but if that's not what you intended then please say so.

80/1.4 Summilux-R wide open with M240.

Edited by farnz
On 6/25/2021 at 11:32 AM, farnz said:

I've assumed that this is an 'open' thread for all forum members to share their 80/1.4 Summilux-R pictures but if that's not what you intended then please say so.

80/1.4 Summilux-R wide open with M240.

Absolutely it's an open thread! I get a tiny bit jealous with the beautiful 75mm images I see over on the M forum and wanted something similar here for our R mount alternative. These portraits of yours are making me think that maybe wide-open isn't so bad for the right picture..

• 1 month later...