Noctilux SL users

trickness

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 minutes ago, farnz said:

I won't make a value judgement about how the two lenses 'draw' but my 75 Noctilux has a unique character so I should think that's where the value proposition you mention should probably begin (providing that size, weight, focus throw etc don't unreasonably intrude).

Pete.

Thanks Pete . . . I can see that in some of your excellent work.  I just wish I could afford the Noctilux, but that’s a different story!

• Thanks 1

Personally, I rather like the SL 75mm Summicron.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Andrew Gough said:

Personally, I rather like the SL 75mm Summicron.

Might be my favorite Leica glass of all time. Worth having the SL system just for this lens (and the 35)

• Like 1

I got one of my tripods out (it's been a long time), and took some images with the 75SL and 75Noct side by side. These are SOOC and processed through C! without any edits except for the ProStandard Format applied. It isn't hard to notice the 75SL because the field of view is a tad different. I thought I had moved the tripod or something, but I remounted the cameras and the results were the same. I didn't think the adapter made that much of a difference, but I guess so. The focus point is on the bottom left side of the vase. The two 75Noct images were taken at 1.25 and 2.0. Whatever you do, don't get both lenses. You'll drive yourself nuts trying to figure out which one you want to use. 

Edited by John Smith
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my brand-new Nocti 75/1.2 yesterday from the local dealer - first photos (SL2): my great love, the "M6" :-)))))

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had the SL version of the 50 Lux and sold it because it was large and slow. Ive also sold my M 50 Lux - but I would never part with my Nocti - it was a perfect fit on my SL and now SL2 camera - and sits between my SL 35 Cron and my 7SL Cron - I am considering the SL 50 to add because I like 50 mm focal length - tried the Voigtlander thingy and thought it was a poor performer to my eye and taste - but that just goes to show everyone is different - there are lots of fans of that lens.

I post a pic of the SL2 and Nocti - because I think they are so well suited to each other - and the zoom focus makes it very easy to nail focus - as opposed to trying it on an M camera - with my eyes anyway.

Edited by PeterGA
;oih