Wir benötigen deine Zustimmung

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello LUF Admin

A dialog with "Wir benötigen deine Zustimmung" showed up when I accessed the forum. There was a lot of text in what might have been German language and a couple of buttons. I clicked on one of the buttons and the dialog went away. Did I agree to something?

Edited by 105012
  • Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb 105012:

Hello LUF Admin

A dialog with "Wir benötigen deine Zustimmung" showed up when I accessed the forum. There was a lot of text in what might have been German language and a couple of buttons. I clicked on one of the buttons and the dialog went away. Did I agree to something?

You didn't order a washing machine or something (sorry, German joke…)

I presume it was the German version consent manager asking for your permission to set some advertising cookies.

I don't know the legal situation in the rest of the world. But here in the EU website owners are obliged to obtain consent from website users.

This has a good intention (privacy protection) but results in a bureaucratic monster.

Sorry for that…

I'll contact my provider if this is already fixed. Anyone else experiencing this?

Andreas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here as well. Part of the "problem" for someone who is not conversant with the language is that it presents you with a decision. Delete and forget it, or take a gamble and "accept", and in today's world, that's a big gamble. If it is a warning/requirment, for the non-German speaking/reading users, perhaps a language we can understand?

Gary

WTF? I'm not on German forum. Niht fershtein.

Wir benötigen deine Zustimmung

Wir und unsere Partner verwenden Cookies und andere Technologien, um Informationen auf einem Gerät zu speichern und abzurufen. Diese können auch personenbezogene Daten umfassen (z.B. Wiedererkennungsmerkmale oder Profildaten) die in den Bereichen personalisierte Anzeigen und Inhalte, Anzeigen- und Inhaltsmessung, Erkenntnisse über Zielgruppen und Produktentwicklung verwendet werden. Einige unserer Partner verarbeiten deine Daten (jederzeit widerruflich) auf Grundlage von berechtigtem Interesse. Bitte beachte, dass deine Einwilligung auch die Übermittlung bestimmter personenbezogener Daten in Drittländer, u.a. die USA, nach Art. 49 (1) (a) DSGVO umfasst. Weitere Informationen zur Verwendung deiner Daten sowie unserer Partner findest du unter “Einstellungen”. Es besteht keine Verpflichtung der Verarbeitung deiner Daten zuzustimmen, um dieses Angebot zu nutzen. Ohne deine Zustimmung können wir dir bestimmte Inhalte nicht anzeigen. Du kannst deine Auswahl jederzeit unter “Cookie-Einstellungen” am Seitenende widerrufen oder anpassen. Deine Auswahl wird ausschließlich auf dieses Angebot angewendet.

Zustimmen
Einstellungen

1 hour ago, ianman said:

Reminds me of the joke about the elderly couple... I guess you know it?

58 minutes ago, andybarton said:

That’s not fair.

David’s not THAT elderly. I bet he hasn’t got his bus pass yet (that being the definition, obviously)

😊

🙄

I keep getting this dialogue box in German.  What does it mean, and why won't it go away?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!