CL - Simple tips for beginners, the confused and the lazy - please add yours.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Long press FN button/change to something other than timer/return to customization menu/you can now turn off timer and choose something else.

As already stated, to select the function of the button press it and hold it then select your choice from there.

• 1 month later...

Not specific to the CL really but a good trick when looking for really precise framing - for example for landscapes - is to have all your desired ‘aids’ (histogram, horizon level) open to begin with then, when ready, press the middle D-pad button to remove everything including the black bars top and bottom for a ‘clean’ image before taking the shot.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, ruskkyle said:

Not specific to the CL really but a good trick when looking for really precise framing - for example for landscapes - is to have all your desired ‘aids’ (histogram, horizon level) open to begin with then, when ready, press the middle D-pad button to remove everything including the black bars top and bottom for a ‘clean’ image before taking the shot.

Having all visual 'junk' removed helps framing. Note that in EVF the top and bottom information bars do not cover the frame, I wish Leica left the bottom bar always on when viewing through EVF. However, with highlight clipping on, the highlights will clip annoyingly unless one removes everything by pressing the D-pad button. In that display mode, the highlight clipping appears only with a shutter button half-press. One more reason why I like to remove focusing from the shutter button.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I tend to use zoom’s, 11-23, 18-50 and 70-300, I keep the in camera’s extended zoom function turned on as it only kicks in at max zoom, if not required, just turn the zoom back a tad and the extended zoom drops out. The extended zoom function will be “on” if using a prime, so it will need to be turned off in camera if not required.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...