Leica M or Voigtlander VM for LUMIX S5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would like to ask if anybody has tested or is experience in using M (VM) lenses... I looking for compact 75 mm and I have two options... - New Nokton 75 f1.5 or Summarit f/2.4 in mint condition... 

Any advice which of them will perform better on S5?

The Nokton 75 f/1.5 is a sharp but very dreamy lens with a lot of glow wide open. Great for portraits! At 2.4 it is already very sharp. The Summarit has a more modern look to it, but also very nice. There are some good reviews of both at findingrange.com.

While a prefer the Nokton on the SL2, I would prefer to own the summarit for my M10. The reason is a significant focus shift of the Nokton which of course is no problem at all at the SL cameras. At my M10 I usually use f/1.5 or f/4.0-5.6 to achieve a correctly focused photo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 3:14 AM, FrankX said:

While a prefer the Nokton on the SL2, I would prefer to own the summarit for my M10. The reason is a significant focus shift of the Nokton which of course is no problem at all at the SL cameras. At my M10 I usually use f/1.5 or f/4.0-5.6 to achieve a correctly focused photo.

This is interesting, I had not heard of the Nokton 75/1.5 having a focus shift until now. I just assumed it was well corrected throughout the aperture range, being a modern lens. How bad is the focus shift?