Leica Noctilux-m 50mm f1.2 ASPH black version is it limited run?

JimmyCheng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, ianman said:

Underwhelmed, like it, hate it? Quite inconsistent I’d say.

Just taking the time I need to make my opinion. And I dont see what's inconsistent, when things aren't taken out of context. 

Underwhelmed by the "vintage look" that everybody claimed it has, I didn't see that at all. Liked it, cause it's hard not to appreciate a lens that is so small, and has such excellent image quality, wether one likes the rendering or not. Hated it, because I wanted to love it, but I could not because of it's limitations (noise photos indoor, long focus throw, fingers in front of the lens of 50% of my photos)... the frustration turned into hate. I returned the lens. 

10 hours ago, ianman said:

in your post above you say you have fallen in love with 35mm and never looked back but go on to mention that going on a photo trip you’d take a 28mm only.

35 is and always will be my focal length. Knew it from the moment I tried it, never looked back. Doesnt mean I can't play with other focals ? or is it inconsistent to have a main FL and try others as well ? 

18 minutes ago, farnz said:

Sounds like the time for a group hug.  Come on, bring it in, bring it in. :D

Pete.

👍

Nothing in lenses choice IS a goal for life or definitive, for me.

So Ian don't  take it too seriously),

Steven you do the thing that It took me decades to do so 😄.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ianman said:

But I would have liked to know that when I spend my time sharing experience when a user is choosing a lens, that he already bought the thing weeks earlier. See dates above...

I wrote on June 10th “I will get the summaron” 

I ordered the lens on June 11th. See attached. 

sorry for the typo. I meant “tried it for a week”. Not a month

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

15 minutes ago, ianman said:

Of course, that should have been "Two of my many problems are that I have a good memory and eye for detail,..."  so much for the "eye for detail" thing! 😂 😂 😂

Of course that should have read "Three of my many problems are that I have a good memory and eye for detail, and not being able to count." :lol:

(Apologies, Ian, I just couldn't resist.^_^)

Pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/10/2021 at 2:17 AM, pedaes said:

Are any trickling through?

Yes.  I received mine from Leica Store Miami this past Monday (June 26).  The lens is a little heavier than I expected but balance on my M10R is good (much better than a .95 Noctilux).  Rendering is lovely soft.  Stop down to f2 and everything sharpens up nicely.  JPGs from the M10R are so good sometimes there's little need to tinker with RAW files.  If one plans on keeping this lens for a long time and you like shooting a 50mm lens then the nearly $8KUS price is worth the money (my opinion).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steven said:

Just taking the time I need to make my opinion. And I dont see what's inconsistent, when things aren't taken out of context. 

Underwhelmed by the "vintage look" that everybody claimed it has, I didn't see that at all. Liked it, cause it's hard not to appreciate a lens that is so small, and has such excellent image quality, wether one likes the rendering or not. Hated it, because I wanted to love it, but I could not because of it's limitations (noise photos indoor, long focus throw, fingers in front of the lens of 50% of my photos)... the frustration turned into hate. I returned the lens. 

You should have told us you had big sausage fingers then we would have advised you not to get the bloody sunmmaron!!

11 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

You should have told us you had big sausage fingers then we would have advised you not to get the bloody sunmmaron!!

I don't! I have nice elegant fingers. But the fact that the focus throw is so long makes me inevitably pass in front of the lens to bring the focus tab all the way up. Nah, I don't like that lens at all ergonomically. 

12 hours ago, Steven said:

I don't! I have nice elegant fingers. But the fact that the focus throw is so long makes me inevitably pass in front of the lens to bring the focus tab all the way up. Nah, I don't like that lens at all ergonomically. 

I am fine with it ergonomically but i do understand what you mean and  its not for everyone in that way of course.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, charles tay said:

... worth ...

In what way?  Price?  Performance?  Character?  Rarity?  Speed?  Something else?

You're asking forum members to make a value judgement but we each have our own value systems and priorities, which are likely to be different from yours.  Since you've already done a test run on it you need to decide if it's worth it to you.  🙂

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, charles tay said:

I have the opportunity to place an order for 50mm f1.2 Noctilux 2021 version, i did a test run on it. 

Is it worth the buy vs 50mm f0.95 version?

Take photos with both and then decide.  They are really quite different, in size and handling as well as photographically.  Other users cannot decide what is right for you.

• Like 1