Hatched

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A mourning dove made a nest right outside our bedroom window. She tolerates us quite well and even when I've opened the window during the night she has stayed right on the nest. Two days ago the two eggs hatched do now we get to watch them grow and fly away. This is literally a foot from my head when I'm sleeping.

M10M, 50 lux

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 7

Stuart and Bill, thanks much. Just a quick update. The chicks are growing quite rapidly and will probably fly off in just a few days. Yesterday for the first time I got this shot of them at feeding time. I'm amazed the mom can ingest enough food to keep all three of them going and growing.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 3

We had a massive storm in the middle of the night with high wind, lots of rain and a bit of hail. When I checked this morning the nest was empty. It's possible they just flew off but also possible they got wiped out, which would be very sad.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/18/2021 at 5:56 AM, fotografr said:

We had a massive storm in the middle of the night with high wind, lots of rain and a bit of hail. When I checked this morning the nest was empty. It's possible they just flew off but also possible they got wiped out, which would be very sad.

Let's hope all is well.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, fotografr said:

A mourning dove made a nest right outside our bedroom window. She tolerates us quite well and even when I've opened the window during the night she has stayed right on the nest. Two days ago the two eggs hatched do now we get to watch them grow and fly away. This is literally a foot from my head when I'm sleeping.

M10M, 50 lux

You must be transmitting welcoming Karma.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fotografr said:

She probably saw me feeding the chipmunk in the back garden and figured maybe she could get in on the action.

Im at the cabin. Came across a giant baby crow while walking down a trail. Mom and Dad were screaming their beaks off.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, albert said:

Im at the cabin. Came across a giant baby crow while walking down a trail. Mom and Dad were screaming their beaks off.  

Hello Albert,

If it has blue eyes it probably can not fly yet. Ever if it is big. Hopefully you kept a respectful distance away from the young crow.

Best Regards,

Michael