Rainy Night

tuna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, Louis said:

Beautiful. 

Glad you think so Louis 🙂

On 6/8/2021 at 4:17 PM, werner__ said:

Wonderful colours, for me it looks like a painting

I thought so too - a large version of this currently hangs above my mantle where paintings used to rule...

15 hours ago, hillavoider said:

100 speed film at night 👍 well done

Unlike the digital world, changing iso to suit the moment doesn’t apply to film already loaded - sometimes knowing that makes one take the chance for something special to appear...

14 hours ago, benqui said:

Beautiful photo! I really like it!

Thank you benqui!

6 hours ago, Henry Taylor said:

This one caught my eye  nice

Henry, I’m happy you’ve liked it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 3:04 AM, Zubida said:

Indeed interesting! I liked the picture. What shutter speed did you use for this shot? This picture is looking cinematic to me. Especially for the model and place.

It was dark and showering that evening so I would have preset my shutter to 1/15 or 1/30 and probably had my aperture wide open (1.7 in this case). He was walking at a rapid pace and I began to pace him at his speed from across the street while shooting which probably added to the blur as I normally have had luck controlling relative sharpness through breathing methods and body compacting with shutter set as low as 1/15 or 1/8…

On 6/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, fotografr said:

The soft focus actually adds to the beauty of this image and gives it a surreal quality. If it was tack sharp I don't think it would have the same appeal. Beautiful street shot, as usual from you.

Brent, thank you for your very kind comment…I agree that the soft focus effect added much to what would have been a fairly normal scene…