MP 240 shutter release / lens coupling issue [video]

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there.

I have a strange issue with my MP240. I haven't used it for a while but my M10 has gone in for servicing so I'm using the MP240 again.

I seem to have an issue with the shutter release and / or lens coupling. I have tried turning off auto lens detection, setting it to manual etc etc but all to no avail. See this video to explain the issue. It won't shoot rapidly with a lens attached when set to 'S'  , ie it seems to jam in-between firing, but will shoot consecutive frames when set to 'C'. But will with shoot rapidly in 'S' with no lens attached ???? Never had this issue before. Can't figure it out, I've tried different sd cards so it's nothing to do with buffer, I've tried different lenses, still the same result. 

Any thoughts appreciated ?

Here is a link to a video showing the issue https://f.io/dbVNnf-K

Thanks

Incredible CAP !

How is it possible to keep the cap trying to take pics ?

I'd mount also a lens without cap.

edit

Sorry I had not seen the 1/4000 setting !

Something is wrong.

Edited by a.noctilux

Hi again, I looked at the video again.

The 'clunk' noise when the camera is turned on means that it was set to LV when last used, turning the camera on also opens up the shutter. I tried the experiment by first setting LV, turning the camera off, and turning it back on and with a capped lens  I get the same result as Mark; same delay with cap off, since LV does take its sweet time. On Continuous, the camera fires continuously. So Mark's camera does not have an issue, it is just how LV works.

Jean-Michel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

Hi again, I looked at the video again.

The 'clunk' noise when the camera is turned on means that it was set to LV when last used, turning the camera on also opens up the shutter. I tried the experiment by first setting LV, turning the camera off, and turning it back on and with a capped lens  I get the same result as Mark; same delay with cap off, since LV does take its sweet time. On Continuous, the camera fires continuously. So Mark's camera does not have an issue, it is just how LV works.

Jean-Michel

Hi Jean-Michel

You are right , the clunk noise is same as when LV is set , but I don't have it activated. I just tried again to make sure LV is off, it is deactivated, same problem, with lens cap on or off. Seems like it's got stuck in LV mode somehow. I'll try a reset, remove battery etc and re-boot. Thanks for your input, appreciated !

4 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Incredible CAP !

How is it possible to keep the cap trying to take pics ?

I'd mount also a lens without cap.

edit

Sorry I had not seen the 1/4000 setting !

Something is wrong.

Hi , Thanks for reply, yes, think its stuck in LV mode !

6 hours ago, jaeger said:

I've never imagine this could have happened.

When things go weird, in my experiences with digital M, "reset" can help most of the time, not with sensor problems though ( M9 or Monochrom for me ).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

When things go weird, in my experiences with digital M, "reset" can help most of the time, not with sensor problems though ( M9 or Monochrom for me ).

Amazingly true!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

On 6/8/2021 at 7:29 PM, Mark_Mono said:

OK, Thank you all for your help. Jean-Michel pointed me in the right direction. I just did a full camera reset and its resolved !!!

Happy shooting one and all, thanks again

Bon Soir

Congrats! Great to hear! :D