Choosing a compact 28mm lens

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, ianman said:

When I first joined the forum IIRC there was some amount of constructive critique but some members couldn't take it if anyone posted a comment that suggested that a photograph could be improved upon. One member in particular (Bill, I think it was) was particularly in favour of any photo being posted on a public forum should be open to constructive critique unless requested otherwise by the poster. I was all for it.

Bill is a legend and if the term 'snowflake' had been popular then nearly all of us have been snowflakes at some time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ianman said:

It's a French forum specially for film photography. If you think you (or any other readers of course) are still interested I will message you the link. Let me know :)

11 hours ago, Harpomatic said:

Ianman, that it is in french is disappointing…I can’t contribute much in a language I can’t speak! Thanks though!

• Like 1

Are you talking about the magenta fringing? If so then no.

To put it very simplistically (and just AFAICR!) the magenta (etc.) fringing is almost always a result of when a non-retrofocus wide-angle lens is being used on a digital body whose sensors / microlenses / tri-colour 4x4 matrix Bayer Array things - which are placed above each pixel - cannot recieve the correct amount of digital / binary colour information to allow the subsequent algorithm to re-create a 'proper' full-colour image from the data each of the pixels of the sensor receive.

But I wouldn't swear to my answer in a court of law....

Philip.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pippy said:

Are you talking about the magenta fringing? If so then no.

To put it very simplistically (and just AFAICR!) the magenta (etc.) fringing is almost always a result of when a non-retrofocus wide-angle lens is being used on a digital body whose sensors / microlenses / tri-colour 4x4 matrix Bayer Array things

You mean optical crosstalk?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

Am 25.7.2021 um 23:46 schrieb Boojay:

...Focus tab feels right to me, but I didn't like the stick on my 35 Ultron, when the newer version came out with a tab I was going to trade up, then a kind and knowledgeable soul here on the forum pointed me in the direction of a 3D printed replacement tab which works perfectly.

Can you pls. give me a hint (if OT, per PN) which 3D repalacement it is?
I only know the 7artisans which are too wobbly and I would like to fix it with a screw ...

Edited by cp995

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, pippy said:

Not to muddy the waters, of course, but there is also the Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm f2.8. It was originally created for use on the Minolta CLE (Minolta's Leica-sanctioned version of the Leica CL) which was introduced in 1980. Very 'Mandleresque' rendering from what I've read.

Marginally longer (5mm) than the Elmarit ASPH and around 50g lighter.

Just a thought!

Philip

I'm pretty happy with my 28:2.8 Rokkor .  I think it's a good match with the 35 & 50 crons from the same era

It hasn't totally blown me away just yet like some other leica purchases (or the 40mm rokkor), but I do get consistently nice results from it.  I keep coming back here to see if there's a better option for me but @ USD800 (white spot free), 150 ish grams, aswell as matching the other lenses in my set really well ... I think I'm going to keep going with it and see how the images go over time.

Tri-X samples 

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 3

And on M10-D 

• Like 2