Choosing a compact 28mm lens

Steven

Guest Nowhereman
25 minutes ago, Steven said:

So wait, in conclusion, does it mean than @ianman is a woman ? 😹

No, he only thinks that he is — going by the confidence he has in his excellent color vision! 

5 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

nor does it have any relation to how many followers Steven has on Instagram, as another sage commented.

I respect your work and have followed it for many years, but I have to correct you on this one. Noone suggested what you said above, so please do not make things up, because this is how stupid conversations start. All I did was to ask how one can call Steven "green" in photography when he has a presence on the internet, he has shown very good work and it is his job to be involved with cinema and (maybe) photography. 

I got all of them correct in the website :)

6 minutes ago, Daedalus2000 said:

I respect your work and have followed it for many years, but I have to correct you on this one. Noone suggested what you said above, so please do not make things up, because this is how stupid conversations start. All I did was to ask how one can call Steven "green" in photography when he has a presence on the internet, he has shown very good work and it is his job to be involved with cinema and (maybe) photography. 

🥰🥰❤️

Guest Nowhereman
9 minutes ago, Daedalus2000 said:

Thanks, I'm gratified  by the last sentence! And you're right in correcting me on my statement; but we may be talking at cross purposes: what I was trying to refer to was that @Steven's huge following on Instagram did not come from photography, as such: he once told me the reason, but I don't recall if that was on the open forum or in a PM, so I'm not repeating it here — and I couldn't resist using the expression "a sage".

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, Nowhereman said:

Thanks, I'm gratified  by the last sentence! And you're right in correcting me on my statement; but we may be talking at cross purposes: what I was trying to refer to was that @Steven's huge following on Instagram did not come from photography, as such: he once told me the reason, but I don't recall if that was on the open forum or in a PM, so I'm not repeating it here — and I couldn't resist using the expression "a sage".

I see, thanks for the explanation. 

Guest Nowhereman

@Daedalus2000/@Steven - What does annoy me are statements like the one below. This type of attack  — that  "every thread you start seems to descend into a farce" etc) — often comes from frequent posters: it is in no way true, and Steven has started many interesting threads that have ended up being informative. My annoyance, beyond the false bonhomie, comes from people making personal attacks and trying to ridicule the person targeted, with no one speaking out against this. And that is the reason for my statement now.

8 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

@StevenI understand from what I have read on here you are involved in film production.  Since every thread you start seems to descend into a farce and you are French, I have a feeling you may have worked closely with Peter Sellers.

Or Neil.🤣

Edited by Nowhereman

3 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

@Daedalus2000/@Steven - What does annoy me are statements like the one below. This type of attack  — that  "every thread you start seems to descend into a farce" etc) — often comes from frequent posters: it is in no way true, and Steven has started may interesting threads that have ended up being informative. My annoyance, beyond the false bonhomie, comes from people making personal attacks and trying to ridicule the person targeted, with no one speaking out against this. And that this the reason for my statement now.

I do agree with you and that is why I actually replied to the statement you mention, with an earlier post (#395) which I will quote below. So there was at least one person speaking (in a polite way I hope) against that statement.

6 hours ago, Daedalus2000 said:

I find Steve's threads the most enjoyable. He has a passion for photography, Leica and exploring different lenses and cameras. I find his enthusiasm infectious and the fact that he explores stuff without any (resource) limitations makes the whole journey more interesting. This is the internet, small misunderstandings and differences in personalities become big issues, but at the end we all learn, help each other and have fun. At least I do :)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

@Daedalus2000/@Steven - What does annoy me are statements like the one below. This type of attack  — that  "every thread you start seems to descend into a farce" etc) — often comes from frequent posters: it is in no way true, and Steven has started many interesting threads that have ended up being informative. My annoyance, beyond the false bonhomie, comes from people making personal attacks and trying to ridicule the person targeted, with no one speaking out against this. And that is the reason for my statement now.

Go and lie down for a few minutes and think about learning to smile or using the ignore option for a change.
 You’re falling into your usual modus of hypocrisy again.  

ETA: To make it clear so that even you might understand, my post you quoted was not intended to be taken seriously, hence the 🤣

This post however, is.

Edited by Ouroboros

Great, after pages of arguments nobody cares to suggest taking pictures of a darn white wall 😂

I've seen it on my both 28cron (v1) and 35cron (v5) on M240, and it depends on lighting. It's particularly strong under sunny day shots and involving blue (usually sky) or neutral (white, grey, usually walls) shots.

I never notice it few months into owning M system and one fine day I saw it, and can never unseen it since. Please consider it a blessing if you don't see it, and never try to search for it again (if you made it this far, please ignore the white wall suggestion above) 😂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

My annoyance, beyond the false bonhomie, comes from people making personal attacks and trying to ridicule the person targeted,

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

No, he only thinks that he is — going by the confidence he has in his excellent color vision! 

• Like 2

Perhaps this will help to illustrate the issue:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IkarusJohn said:

Perhaps this will help to illustrate the issue:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Yes, indeed, that tree most definitely has some red in it. Anybody who can't see it should make an appointment with their eye doctor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fotografr said:

Yes, indeed, that tree most definitely has some red in it. Anybody who can't see it should make an appointment with their eye doctor.

Apart from tree 😂there is anomaly* on the left edge, not very noticeable but far from perfect one would expect from a lens of such calibre used on native camera, if this thing is present on Elmarit M 28mm ASPH Mk1 or Mk2 what is Leica going to do about it, suggest using lens on cropped sensor camera?

*The effect looks like holographic safety strip one find on credit cards.

Edited by mmradman
  • Like 1

Zeiss 15 Distagon 2.8 T* ZM

The purpose of the image is to see if the doubters on this forum can identify the red edge (left side, band, running top to bottom).  If so, then go back to Steven’s first image …

The tree, by the way, is a pohutakawa (metrosideros excelsa), the NZ christmas tree.

PS - the lens is a made in Germany flagship M mount lens for Zeiss, still sold.  Pretty much every image with this lens on my M9 had red edge.  Okay on a cropped sensor (TL2) and on the Monochrom, but otherwise hopelessly flawed.

Edited by IkarusJohn

10 hours ago, ianman said:

I think someone did a few pages ago.

Well I'm glad Steven didn't do it! I mean...Why? We proven our points with evidence and he stated that he's happy with the result.

Reminds me years ago when Apple devices having those partial yellow/magenta tint issues on the display. People were baffled by the fact that some of their friends were completely happy with their gadgets despite the flawed display and couldn't really see any issues.

• Like 1