S3 : wrong battery information

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I have notice that my S3 give wrong battery percentage reading. On one battery it show 100% for all the time but when i took it out and put it on the charger, it says it has about 20%-40% left. 

On the other hand, the other battery accurately show it has 20% which is the same when i put it on the charger. 

Is anyone have encounter this problem and if so are there any solution for the problem? 

I read that sometime you need to empty the battery and fully charged it to recalibrate the reading and i will try doing that first. 

I don’t know anything about S camera’s. But what I see with my M9 and my Monochrome1 - of more than 10 years old - that if I do not use them for a few weeks and leave the batteries in the camera, I get misinformation about their remaining capacity. It says it’s full but it dies after three takes. This may have occurred when they were new too, I can’t check that because I used them much more at that time than now. 

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nachapon Dumrongthumavoot said:

Hello everyone,

I have notice that my S3 give wrong battery percentage reading. On one battery it show 100% for all the time but when i took it out and put it on the charger, it says it has about 20%-40% left. 

On the other hand, the other battery accurately show it has 20% which is the same when i put it on the charger. 

Is anyone have encounter this problem and if so are there any solution for the problem? 

I read that sometime you need to empty the battery and fully charged it to recalibrate the reading and i will try doing that first. 

Mine showed 50% in camera, but almost 0% in charger. Charger was correct. I have emailed Leica Customer Care weeks ago - no response.

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

52 minutes ago, sincurves said:

Leica thought it could be an issue with the battery and recommended a full discharge followed by a 100% charge to re-calibrate the capacity counter in the battery. I haven’t experienced any issues with my S3 since.

No battery issues in my case (with S3), using 3 new and 2 older batteries. And yes, my batteries get fully discharged now and then, always followed by full (100%) charging. 

I was just told (Steve Hendrix at Capture Integration) that you can reset the battery (whatever that means) by plugging it into the quick charger first and then plugging the charger into the AC. I'm doing that with all of my batteries now. I'll let you know if that helps.

• Thanks 2