How do I change my member profile photo (or avatar)?

Thanks Jaap.  That's where I looked.  But when I click on the 'Cover Photo' button the only option I get is Choose Photo.  I have just done that again, but as you can see, it has not changed my photo.

There appears to be no way to remove the existing photo.  In fact, it does not seem to be recognised as existing.

Go into your profile, and adjust under the existing avatar

38 minutes ago, andybarton said:

Go into your profile, and adjust under the existing avatar

Thanks Andy.  The screen shots you show are what I am looking for.  But when I go into my profile I do not see the button you have circled in red in the first screen shot of the two.  If I click on my avatar photo, it just opens it in an overlay window.  There is no option to do anything other than close the window.  No option to remove it, for example.

I tried to change the small round picture on my profile yesterday, and again today after reading this thread. I cannot see the button just below the round photo either. It might be because I am using my I pad, it might be there on a laptop?

That button is not there for me. Not on my MacBook nor on my iPhone. It used to be. I’ll check on my other devices.