Q2 Batteries, how many?

31 minutes ago, Richard K said:

OK, I sprung for one spare. Seems more than adequate for me. But, I also have this amazing M. Leibfritz battery box that holds two batteries. So...I’ve been tempted. 🤔

How many batteries do you have? 

I have one extra Q2 battery and very rarely need it. Beauty of the Nightcore charger is I can charge in my car between shooting locations if needed. Again, very rare. 

I always carried two extra batteries for my Q. Happy to see the larger Q2 battery. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought my SL2 used and it came with an extra battery, so I use that as backup for the Q2. I have seldom needed it for either camera, unless I am doing an extended session. The batteries do go a lot more quickly if you are doing video or truly using the camera the whole time for hours. For me, I mostly am taking fewer pictures over a longer time, and if you turn off the camera when not actively using it, I find it lasts quite awhile. So I would say if you envision event type use where you are using it constantly over hours, then maybe grab a spare, otherwise it will probably take you reasonably far.

On 6/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Richard K said:

That’s a lot cheaper than in Canada. I tried to order one from the UK but they won't ship batteries. LOL it just bugs me having that nice Leibfritz 2 battery box half empty.

You're not kidding! My extra Q2 battery was CDN $360. -which works out to roughly USD $280.

Yes, the Q2 battery can last for quite a bit, but not so much when it's cold. I can go through two fully charged batteries in a long-ish walkabout.

No extra battery here. Never needed one. I have the Nightcore charger and a solar power bank to be completely self sustained. If the battery can hold for a day’s shooting, it is sufficient for me. I tend to shoot the way we were doing back in the old days of film, which means that I don’t shoot indiscriminately just because I can:) Bottom line, I never ran out of juice when I needed to shoot more, but of course ymmv:)