My 4 best Q2 accessories

my 4 best:

lim's half-case with grip
lim's lens shade
leica thumb grip
overgaard 145" cowhide strap

runner up:

gitzo carbon fiber tabletop tripod (although it goes criminally idle most of the time)

/guy

24 minutes ago, Richard K said:

I guess Lim's shade to slow easier filter attachment?

yes, it allows for lens caps and filters. but the primary reason is that i dislike the pinched in nose look of the leica shade and prefer something more old school. the lims even has a useless opening left over from /m/ shades so you can see through it to the rangefinder. :) 

/guy

Edited by gteague

6 hours ago, Richard K said:

I have found these very useful:

-Match Technical thumb grip

-Lim's Q2 case

-M. Leibfritz battery box

-Q cap

anybody else use these? Am I missing anything good?

I think you’ve nailed it.

I use Lim’s half case and Q-cap. Have thought about getting the Lim’s shade but I only use filters a lot when indulging in landscape photography and covid restrictions have prevented that so far this year. I’d love a battery box that held one spare battery (I’m currently using the plastic bag that came with the spare) but can’t see one so I’m thinking of getting one of the Think Tank wallets. 

Still playing around with straps. The camera is currently on a Q2 leash, which works well but I’ve just ordered a leather wrist strap that uses PD anchor to attach so I’ll see how that goes. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I used the Lim's ARCA compatible half-case with my Q. For the Q2 I opted for the RRS grip since I wanted the L-plate functionality. The RRS is definitely bulkier and heavier than the LIM's. Although I've really come to like the quick-connect socket.

I'm also using the Q-Cap. 

That battery case is interesting. Unfortunately, it would take up too much space in my bag since I only have one spare.

4 hours ago, Richard K said:

Even though the Leibfritz box holds two batteries, it is the best thing I’ve found, just perfect. Used to use the Think Tank but this is way better. So far I’ve resisted the temptation to buy a second spare battery.

Where did you buy the Leibfritz battery box?  I contacted him direct through his website, but he did not reply.  I know that Leica Store Miami sells the box but shipping from the US to UK is not really practical for such a low cost item.

I’m in Canada but did in fact buy it from Leica Miami. It’s worth it it IMO.

4 hours ago, iRandom said:

I used the Lim's ARCA compatible half-case with my Q. For the Q2 I opted for the RRS grip since I wanted the L-plate functionality. The RRS is definitely bulkier and heavier than the LIM's. Although I've really come to like the quick-connect socket.

I'm also using the Q-Cap. 

That battery case is interesting. Unfortunately, it would take up too much space in my bag since I only have one spare.

6 minutes ago, T25UFO said:

Where did you buy the Leibfritz battery box?  I contacted him direct through his website, but he did not reply.  I know that Leica Store Miami sells the box but shipping from the US to UK is not really practical for such a low cost item.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

Sounds like us UK members need to club together to afford the postage!

1 hour ago, Richard K said:

I’m in Canada but did in fact buy it from Leica Miami. It’s worth it it IMO.

Thanks . . . probably easier and cheaper from US to Canada.  
Your accessories are good and similar to mine.  I use the Leica Thumbs Up and an Arte Di Mano case.  
My lens hood is a ventilated shade from Overgaard, ideal when you want to change filters and very good quality, although I know some have been disappointed with his delivery times.  Mine arrived promptly so no complaints.

6 hours ago, SrMi said:

Liebfritz is a German company: https://lei-ko.de/

Maybe you could order directly from them.

That is what I tried to.  He quoted a price, I accepted, but he did not provide any payment link and then did not reply to any of my subsequent emails.  Disappointing because the battery box is a very nice idea.

48 minutes ago, Leica Guy said:

Great topic. 
My top four Q2 accessories:

1. Arte de mano half case with Aventino grip. Perfect. 
2. Breakthrough x4-Circular Polarizer filter. 
3. Match Technical Thumbs Up.

4. Nitecore USB charger 

I definitely agree with the Nitecore charger. Much smaller than the original even with having to carry a small USB power adapter. Also convenient for charging while on my desk since plenty of USB power sources available.