Leica Store Lisse. Beware.

Antony

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have bought a lot of different Leica items from them. (leics3, s45mm, M10M, noctilux 75, apo 50)  it has gotten clear camera M10M needs alignment with both lenses. I was told it would be sent to Germany and calibrated within two weeks. I agreed, having in mind my upcoming trip to States, which I told them. They assured me it will be done quickly. 
They sent it to some Dutch guy first, without notifying me. He didn’t find any problem although it was visible with a bare eye not only to me, but to store assistants also. So they sent it to Leica Germany - mind me, three weeks later! - and we have been waiting. And waiting. And after almost two months, when the trip is around the corner, they tell me its not going to arrive anytime soon. It’s a half-hour work, not to mention the fact that you don’t expect this kind of shit to happen with a camera that cost that much. Someone should have just brought the camera and lenses back and forth to Germany, which was done for USA customers, for example. 
So I had to cancel my trip, which again cost me, and as the product was completely new, I barely used it during the week I had it on my hands, I decided to return it. First they said its ok, then they said it’s not possible to make the refund.  
After that they just stopped replying to my emails. There seems to be no management available, just some poor guy that is probably in training and knows nothing. 

Welcome, and sorry your first post is about a problem. We are in the middle of a pandemic, and the service times in Wetzlar are what they are. Most of us know this, and it is regularly discussed on this Forum.

I am not sure this is the Stores fault. They have done what they could, including trying a local repair presumably at their expense.

You have been extremely unlucky. 

Edited by pedaes

They probably took it to Will van Manen, he is not far from the store, If he was unable to calibrate the set there is clearly much more wrong with it.
I would like to hear the other side of the story. It sounds weird to me to cancel a trip because of a camera. I'm sure there would have been a loaner on request. If not, what is wrong with borrowing or renting?

11 hours ago, Antony said:

Someone should have just brought the camera and lenses back and forth to Germany, which was done for USA customers, for example.

I cannot place this one. Leica uses UPS and DPD To suggest somebody get in a car and drive all the way to Wetzlar is umm... unusual.
It is a 4 to 5 hours drive.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Antony:

... Someone should have just brought the camera and lenses back and forth to Germany, which was done for USA customers, for example. ...

That would be a wonderful idea for retired Leica fans who love to travel:
To be engaged by Leica to pick up cameras and lenses with service needs from customers worldwide, to fly to Wetzlar and then travel with repaired Leicas back to the buyers.
Of course, against reimbursement of travel and hotel costs and generous pocket money.
In return, customers should expect their freshly repaired cameras and lenses to be extensively tested by experts on the long way back to them.😃

3 hours ago, mnutzer said:

Of course, against reimbursement of travel and hotel costs and generous pocket money.

Which the customer would pay for, of course. As for the OP's case, a completely new camera which is out of alignment should either be replaced or repaired without delay. That palaver with a brand new item with such a high price is inexcusable on the part of all concerned. If you want to keep your customers who are paying high prices you must give them the products and service which they have paid for.

William 

• Like 5