CL or TL2?

I have TL2 which i am happy with.  But if you are thinking of using your M lenses then I would recommend CL or wait for CL2 if it comes.  Evf for TL2 is not suitable for M lenses. It can be done but CL is better. If it's only TL lenses, TL2 works fine.

I have both. I like the TL2 really well if you are using autofocus lenses. Get the Visoflex if you are using MF lenses. I like that the visoflex can tilt. The image quality between the two is almost identical. So here is my comparison:

TL2 Pros

really cool touch interface

better connectivity 

tilting viewfinder

more Video frame rates

built in memory

HDMI out 

CL pros

better viewfinder 

Nicer custom controls

more traditional camera interface

smaller build

one other thing to consider is the TL2 does not look like it will be continued in the line. I hope this helps. Both of these cameras are a joy to work with. They are very underrated. 

• Like 2

I also have the TL2 and M and will stop taking the Ms for travel. Just got the TL2 recently along with the native 18-56 zoom, took pictures of my daughter walking the dog in action with practically all photos sharp and in focus.  Choiced photos printed up to 16x20 using Lightroom just as good as prints made from my M10M, SL2 and M10R to my eye.  To that effect, the non full frame camera will be my travel camera from now on. Got the 23 TL Summicron and have ordered the 11-23 zoom as well.  I bought my silver TL2 from MK Cameras in Hong Kong for approximately half price of retail (new old stock) and just bought another for a back up. They have the black one still in stock. Delivery to the US was just 3 days. 

• Like 1

• jaapv locked this topic