New Battery? New Camera?

rramesh

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

OK . . . I'll have another try.  By process of elimination . . .not film so must be digital.  Can't be M11 so must be M10.  Has six digits so M10xxx.  Now we just have to guess what is xxx?

Lots of people still prefer the 24mp sweet spot and Leica will want to use up the last remaining supply (did the same thing with the Reporter) so this will be the last in the line of M10 with 24mp.  What else do many of us want?  Black Paint!

So I'm going for M10P-BP.

Good try.... but try harder 🤣

Wrong. 

quiet clear:

M10 - 911 (Porsche Edition)

Frame rate for raw: 91 fps - jpg 91 +1 fps

and a picture of the new battery pack

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, farnz said:

From jerrybei.com "Leica MP-3 was produced for LHSA back in 2005. The Leica MP3 retains that Classic M3 look whilst incorporating the convenience of a Leica MP body, this combination is what is making it highly desirable. Leica produced 1000 sets of the MP3 including 500 in chrome and 500 in black paint. All of the sets came in a very nice presentation box, with the camera, Leicavit winder and a Special edition 50mm Summilux asph lens."

The "3" refers to the camera having just 3 framelines, 35, 50, and 90.

Pete.

Sorry, it was not named MP3 because of 3 framelines. The point of this special edition was to bring back the original MP, which at that time was virtually unobtainable for the average user. MP2 was already used by Leica for a motorized camera that never went into production. So I came up with MP3 to differentiate it from the original MP and MP2.

External exposure counter, elephant ear lugs, raised window frames with a modern meter. Plus the Leicavit which we had used on the Hammertone and the piece de resistance, the retro 50 Summilux. Believe it or not, the hardest thing to get right were the strap lugs!

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, derleicaman said:

Sorry, it was not named MP3 because of 3 framelines. The point of this special edition was to bring back the original MP, which at that time was virtually unobtainable for the average user. MP2 was already used by Leica for a motorized camera that never went into production. So I came up with MP3 to differentiate it from the original MP and MP2.

External exposure counter, elephant ear lugs, raised window frames with a modern meter. Plus the Leicavit which we had used on the Hammertone and the piece de resistance, the retro 50 Summilux. Believe it or not, the hardest thing to get right were the strap lugs!

and now the mp3 itself is unobtainable by the average user. 
if I remember correctly, you are the one who came up with the idea of the MP3, and the one who had to fight hard to push it to become a reality. Not. 
congratulations, you and your team have created the perfect camera. not even mentioning that gorgeous retro 50mm. A true masterpiece. 
Sometimes, before I go to sleep, I fantasize about selling every gear I own to fund an MP3, make it my only camera body and keep one lens only, and live happily ever after. 

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb jplomley:

Return of the CCD sensor...Kodachrome color in an M7 sized body! Limited to 2000 units. Probably already pre-sold.

No not Kodachrome but the rest is ok - I think it will be Tri-X pushed to 1600 ASA with original grain from ISO 100-1600. Limited to 1600 units in a bundle with the pre asph. 35mm Summilux. Promotion name: The holy grail.