Survey: Your wishes for future Leica Q models

The functionality of the Q2 is fine, but the interface is horrible compared to the Q.

Put the video button back on top of the camera instead of the ridiculous photo & video "modes" in the menus.  I often switch quickly between photo & video. With the Q this was easy, just move the finger and press a different button. With the Q2 its a pain as I have to change menu options - with my eyesight this requires fumbling around with glasses. 

Future Q, should definitely improve in Low light performance. Current Q2 have max roof on 1600 iso in my perspective, above that is totally out of discussion. I don’t mind little grain, but horizontal banding in deep shadows are visible.

So outside I wouldn’t change anything just inside need bit overthinking. When you got fully manual lens with autofocus why the heck no proper back button lock?

Sometimes i like use crop modes in raw files but i wish they give us possibilities to choose frame lines or direct zoom to chosen crop(full screen) 

I shot 99% raw and in some scenarios would be nice to have in camera processing. That would save my time by computer. 

Apart of that i love my Q2 and is my daily camera.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lucy63 said:

I would like to get a Q2 but not being able to lock exposure and recompose would be a deal breaker..can the Q2 do this? Drove me nuts not being able to do this on the SL2s, it's the way I shoot.

Yes - you can program the back button on Q2 to lock exposure, so you can lock and recompose. Same on the SL2 actually - you can program the joystick to lock exposure, and then recompose. Not sure why you’re saying it can’t be done on SL2s (unless the SL2s works differently from SL2, which I doubt).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, Yarosuav said:

Yes - you can program the back button on Q2 to lock exposure, so you can lock and recompose. Same on the SL2 actually - you can program the joystick to lock exposure, and then recompose. Not sure why you’re saying it can’t be done on SL2s (unless the SL2s works differently from SL2, which I doubt).

I didn't keep the SL2s for long enough to realise that, the deal breaker was the weight though. TY for the good news, I'm so bloomin' untechnical. 

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I can't seem to get into the Leica survey. When I do sign in to it, it is all written in German; so I can't understand it.

Is the survey finished?

I would like to request a 10 metre marking be placed on the M Summicron Asph. 50mm lens.

Also, I would like to request that Leica make a Q camera with a 70 or 90 mm lens (still as a full frame sensor).

Thanking you,

Millie.

Edited by Millie
Apology: left out a detail of 50mm lens.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, jrode said:

Future Q, should definitely improve in Low light performance. Current Q2 have max roof on 1600 iso in my perspective, above that is totally out of discussion. I don’t mind little grain, but horizontal banding in deep shadows are visible.

So outside I wouldn’t change anything just inside need bit overthinking. When you got fully manual lens with autofocus why the heck no proper back button lock?

Sometimes i like use crop modes in raw files but i wish they give us possibilities to choose frame lines or direct zoom to chosen crop(full screen) 

I shot 99% raw and in some scenarios would be nice to have in camera processing. That would save my time by computer. 

Apart of that i love my Q2 and is my daily camera.

Amen!