Typ 246M - 90mm f2 saying uncoded

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I have a monochrom typ 246 and I bought a APO - Summicron - M 90mm f2 ASPH lens. I’ve attached it to the body correctly. When I push the info button twice to get up the histogram readout, I noticed it stated in the readout above ‘uncoded’. Anyone have any ideas as to why and how I can get it to readout as coded. Thank you and please forgive my crap explaination.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks 

Edit: I've uploaded two images. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Grimmlord Blakk

I think it's just showing the attached lens is uncoded - which it is.... I don't have a M246,  but in the menu under lens detection you can pick the lens profile, my 90 APO is also uncoded.

Page 158 of the manual may help you.

Edited by Boojay
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grimmlord Blakk said:

Hi and first of all, thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I finally figured it out, but I do appreciate it . I’m fairly new to Leica, I’ve always been a Nikon man. Anyway, thank you again

No worries, you're welcome, glad you sorted it out and enjoy your Leica😀.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, Ken Abrahams said:

My M10M was showing R Adapter X1000 instead of 21 Super Elmar M lens. I tried to enter the lens manually but it wasn’t in the list, surprisingly. I cleaned the contacts and all is good now. 

Not surprising, actually. The 21 Super Elmar has never existed except with factory coding. (Factory coding of new lenses started in 2006, 21 SEM introduced 2011).

The menu list is only for lenses old enough that some or all were built before coding existed.