Touch Screen Functions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi

Can  anyone help with a trick or menu dive to activate touch screen functions on a new Q2? Purchased from Leica store this week. I expected it to work out of the box - it did on SL2 snd Q2M.

It makes sense that it can be switched off if not desired.

However, I like snd use it in the quick menu system and all the time for playback.

Manual seems silent on any on/ off tab in the menu system. Only relevant page, 38, merely records the gestures.

None of the LCD/ EVF settings appear to switch it on or off. 

The Leica store had no obvious explanation or solution.

Finding it hard to believe it left the QC section of Leica with a dud touchscreen .

Firmware looks up- to- date. Even if not, hard to see why a model shipped from the factory would have touch screen disabled.

Any help greatly appreciated as web scouring has yielded no solution.

Do i, sadly, have a defective unit which just needs to go back ?

Will a new download and installation of firmware produce a solution or is it’s very existence not, essentially, governed by the firmware ?

Under the Focusing men item you turn touch AF on and off.

When you first tap the menu button the control screen comes up. On your Q2 can you select and adjust each of the settings?

If not Then your touch screen is not functioning. If a reset does not correct this, then you will need to contact Leica or your dealer about a repair, or since it is new, perhaps an exchange. I don’t have a Q2M but it should operate the same way.

Hi Roy

Unfortunately, it’s a negative on both counts. Touch control of the primary or quick menu cannot be operated by touch only the 4 way controller. Similarly, it is not possible using the 4 way controller to switch touch AF on in the menu system - it remains resolutely off.

I will attempt a reset of the camera back to factory albeit I have done nothing more than set date and time so far.

Thanks for the suggestions. I fear a defective unit has escaped QC in Wetzlar. I can’t see how touch function will have failed in transit.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/21/2021 at 12:56 PM, darrel Crilley said:

Hi

Can  anyone help with a trick or menu dive to activate touch screen functions on a new Q2? Purchased from Leica store this week. I expected it to work out of the box - it did on SL2 snd Q2M.

It makes sense that it can be switched off if not desired.

However, I like snd use it in the quick menu system and all the time for playback.

Manual seems silent on any on/ off tab in the menu system. Only relevant page, 38, merely records the gestures.

None of the LCD/ EVF settings appear to switch it on or off. 

The Leica store had no obvious explanation or solution.

Finding it hard to believe it left the QC section of Leica with a dud touchscreen .

Firmware looks up- to- date. Even if not, hard to see why a model shipped from the factory would have touch screen disabled.

Any help greatly appreciated as web scouring has yielded no solution.

Do i, sadly, have a defective unit which just needs to go back ?

Will a new download and installation of firmware produce a solution or is it’s very existence not, essentially, governed by the firmware ?

Go to Main Menu -> Page 1 -> Focusing -> Touch AF -> “On”, or Touch AF in EVF -> Touch AF or Touch AF + Release “On”

2 hours ago, SirBlunder said:

Hi — did you ever resolve this? Or did you have to send it back?

I’m having the same issue. Extremely frustrated. How can they ship a $5,800 DUD? What happened to best in class quality control?

See below response to Darrel