Belt pouch for CL+lens - Billingham Avea 5?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm looking for the smallest belt-mounted pouch to hold a CL + (say) the 18-56TL or perhaps the 35TL. Does anyone have a Billingham Avea 5 and a CL: what's the largest lens you can use with it? I'm sure the 18TL would work, but anything bigger? The Avea 8 should be fine, but I'd rather have a smaller pouch. I have a Fogg Soprano, but it would be faff taking off the shoulder strap each time (I would still use it with the shoulder strap).

11 minutes ago, ruskkyle said:

Hi @LocalHero1953, I have the 72 Camera Bag and it just fits the CL with 35 TL. If it were a fraction longer, or even had a filter attached, I doubt it would go in.

edit: I only mention this as it has a belt loop and can easily do either job.

Thanks - the 72 is also on my radar. I could do without the outside pocket if I was trying to be really minimalist, but that's good to know.
From a comparison of internal sizes, it looks like the Avea 5 would not take that particular combination.

Edited by LocalHero1953

I have an Avea 8 and I can fit the M246 with the 28 summaron or the CL with either the 18 or 23mm. No room for anything bigger. I did try my xt3 with one of the small f2 lenses but the fit was too tight. The Billingham 72 is a better bet in my opinion. Yes it’s a bit bigger but all the above cameras fit in with no problem.

hope this helps.

rosie

1 hour ago, Rosebud55 said:

I have an Avea 8 and I can fit the M246 with the 28 summaron or the CL with either the 18 or 23mm. No room for anything bigger. I did try my xt3 with one of the small f2 lenses but the fit was too tight. The Billingham 72 is a better bet in my opinion. Yes it’s a bit bigger but all the above cameras fit in with no problem.

hope this helps.

rosie

Thank you - just what I was hoping to hear!

Am 18.5.2021 um 14:38 schrieb LocalHero1953:

Hmm - thanks, but my OP was asking for personal hands-on experience of what works. Have you used any of these? They look like lens pouches.

No, I have not used them.
Most of the time I use TL2 with 18-56 or 18mm
When I have to carry more glasses I use this bag (bought at Aliexpres) ..:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1