What's this?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have used this microscope attachment a great deal over the years. In your picture it is upside down and is best used with a misroscope that has a tri ocular head. The photo microscopy attachment also may have an internal shutter internal. The viewing lens allows you to focus the. Camera body and therefor solve the problem of out of focus pictures. When using one must be careful to swing the prism out of the way when taking the picture. It was usually used with the Leica 1c or 1f or 1g cameras and you use the camera shutter to take the picture. Long exposures are usual depending one the transmission of light through the microscope. It worked with a remote shutter cable as any movement when pushing the on camera shutter button could cause vibration and effect the final pictures. After using it for a while it all becomes second nature and works well. I have produced many fine photomicrogrqphs using this attachment on my Leitz microscope when studying thin sections of rocks for my volcanology research.

• Like 4

In a box of "junk" I bought at an auction because I could see a MOOLY poking out, there was the Berning Robot equivalent of this part. It would be free other than postage to anyone who would like it. Sadly the MOOLY was beyond resurrection and I gave the remnants to Malcolm Taylor for spares. 

Wilson