Visoflex IIa

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 hours ago, sandro said:

Wilson, just today I used my Visoflex II again (not the newly acquired IIa though) and it works nicely. But why do you prefer it to the Visoflex III? I only use Leica M bodies with film. I noticed one drawback of the Viso II when using it on M6: once I had focussed properly I couldn't lift the mirror to use the light meter of the M6. With the III I often raise the mirror to measure the light after focusing.

Lex

Lex,

I prefer it because of the ease of using the manual mirror control to prevent mirror shake and/or metering on the Viso II, compared to having to twiddle the often very stiff rotary control on the Visoflex III. A half press on a cable release should swing the mirror up. This works much better with a cable release onto the Viso than with the release arm, as the amount of pressure to get the mirror to release without releasing the shutter is quite difficult to control. I have just tried it with my Viso II and a cable release works perfectly for this. 

Wilson

• Like 1