1957 Mercedes SL300 Roadster

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was shocked when I saw the Price. Let me know what  you think they are selling it for. The one  who gets closest to  the asking pice  will  win  NOTHING  but have the satisfaction of knowing they know the value of an expensive car,😄

PS will  give later the price.

Hank

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Added another shot 

• Like 2

Hey, it´s an old car, very old car and it even has no proper roof, no heated seats, no drive assistant etc.. Service costs might be a nightmare too. This car can´t be more than 100 Grands.

• Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So Far it looks  like Philip is on the Mark   see below

Edited by Henry Taylor
shoed price

I appreciate you all contributing  with  your answers  but based on the condition of the car  and one of only 27 made with Rudge wheels they  are asking this price.

Hank

When I first looked at the asking price I miss read it to  be only $147,000. Just proves what I know.🙄

Edited by Henry Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Completely overpriced. It has an ancient gas engine too, running on patrol. Will be forbidden soon. You‘ll get a fully electric solar powered mars spaceship from Tesla for that price, including a beam option for short distance travels on earth.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rona!d said:

Hey, it´s an old car, very old car and it even has no proper roof, no heated seats, no drive assistant etc.. Service costs might be a nightmare too. This car can´t be more than 100 Grands.

But it DOES have a radio! Are there any non-digital radio stations still broadcasting?............

Philip.

• Haha 1

Electric vehicles became a big fashion. You might get petrol only in small doses at the pharmacy in a few years, just like Berta Benz on her first trip. Only owners of 300 SLs might be able to pay.

I don‘t judge how eco friendly the new cars will be considering the WHOLE eco footprint incl. production while good old petrol cars still run for years 😉

3 hours ago, Henry Taylor said:

...When I first looked at the asking price I miss read it to  be only $147,000. Just proves what I know.🙄...

Just as well you didn't hand over your credit card whilst saying the words "I'll take it!"...

Philip.

Edited by pippy
  • Haha 1

Frankly as I see it in order to  plug in your electric cars it will  be a long time before  a replacement for coal and natural gas and fossil  fuel  will  be eliminated. I have to  laugh when I hear people praise the fact that they are running on electricity and don't realize that it takes the coal and natural gas to  produce the electricity,  and  in the United State we have the largest  resources for fossil fuel and natural  gas.  We closed down the Keystone pipeline and now buying gas from  countries like China who  have the worse control, at lease we have the highest standards for producing gasoline with little air pollution. 

Edited by Henry Taylor
added word

There's one of those on sale near where I live right now. It is a 1961 model with disc brakes (earlier models only had drum brakes) in very good condition. The seller asks for 1.3 million Euros, which is roughly 1.55 million US$. I am tempted, but my wife will likely say no 😁.

• Haha 2

Thought you would like to  know this car sold for $ 8,000 in 1957 and with the cost of inflation 

$8,000 in 1957 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $74,471.74 today, 

I should have bought 2 instead of the one I never owned.😄

Edited by Henry Taylor
word
  • Haha 1