using wheels to adjust magnification AND shutter speed, is this possible?

geotrupede

Advertisement (gone after registration)

To focus with manual lenses it is a great feature to 'zoom in' into the image. However when this is done there is no way to adjust shutter speed. In the manual and in the menu it would appear that this is possible, but then it is not.

step 1, locate Customize control

step 2, locate Wheel Asignement (MF-lens)

step 3, select the preferred layout under the M mode, Magnification or Shutter Speed to each of the wheels

step 3, press joystick, the EVF shows a zoomed in image to check focus

step 4, use front wheel, back wheel > both adjust the image zoom. none adjust shutter speed.

Can anyone please confirm this is an omission/bug?

I cannot get it to work.

Happens in FW 2.0 AND 1.0, maybe a feature?

Thank you

G.

is the question "How to adjust the exposer in zoomed in view to focus?"

if you don't assign the magnification to the wheel how are you going to change the size? some cameras allow to push multiple times to get 50-100% view, but this make the process slower to get quick focus and back Botton focus would probably not work anymore on the joystick.

It always surprises me how much the leica menu designers thought this true and adding logic and simplicity to it.

Keep in mind that the wheels have different functions in different modes. P-A-M-S

Dear Photoworks, did you try? Does it work? Can you please tell me how to? I do not seem to be able to adjust shutter speed in manual model when the view is zoomed in as BOTH wheels do the same thing.

In the menu and manual it would appear there is a choice to assign shutter to one wheel and zoom to the other, but then this choice does not change the behaviour of the controls.

If you got it to work would be great to know how you did, as it is an important feature (which worked in SL).

G.

once you are zoomed in the "Focus" is on focusing mode. exposure is usually done before.

Many options have different modes depending what you are doing.

Is there a reason why you need this? have you tried Auto ISO?

It will never work.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1

Thank you, your image shows precisely the issue, once you set your preferred control layout, that does not work...

This would be useful, for example I could finally zoom on a particular area of the image and look for the exposure value and adjust as preferred. Or simply adjust focus AND exposure at the same time.

Now I need to adjust exposure and then to focus, sloooooow coming from an M.

Auto ISO and all auto is not of interest. I would be happy for the interface to work as intended, more so considering "how much the leica menu designers thought this true and adding logic and simplicity to it" but failed to do so : )