Leica X and Leica X2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, i have just joined this forum.  I have been a Leica owner for about 12 months.

I have 2 Leica's; X (type 113) and X2. I am looking at electronic viewfinders. Some research suggests that the Olympus VF2 will work on The X2; do any of the other Olympus viewfinders work on the X2, such as VF3 or VF4. Any other alternatives. 

For the Leica X (113), again doing some research I am aware the an optical viewfinder rather than electrical one will work?. With an optical viewfinder does it give any camera information through the viewfinder.

Any advice most appreciated. 

7 hours ago, del said:

Hello, i have just joined this forum.  I have been a Leica owner for about 12 months.

I have 2 Leica's; X (type 113) and X2. I am looking at electronic viewfinders. Some research suggests that the Olympus VF2 will work on The X2; do any of the other Olympus viewfinders work on the X2, such as VF3 or VF4. Any other alternatives. 

For the Leica X (113), again doing some research I am aware the an optical viewfinder rather than electrical one will work?. With an optical viewfinder does it give any camera information through the viewfinder.

Any advice most appreciated. 

Welcome to the forum, Del.

I use the dedicated optical viewfinder with my X1 and find it essential in bright outdoors photography. I would strongly recommend you look for an OVF in the used market. It will transform the usefulness of your X-cameras.

Apart from the frame lines the optical viewfinder will not give you additional information. Its a shame that the 113 does not have a distance scale on the lens since it would of worked perfectly with a optical finder from 2m on wards. Anything closer then the live view would have sufficed.

The visoflex for the 113 is recommended for outdoors despite its laggy performance.

Edited by cboy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/4/2021 at 8:57 AM, wda said:

Welcome to the forum, Del.

I use the dedicated optical viewfinder with my X1 and find it essential in bright outdoors photography. I would strongly recommend you look for an OVF in the used market. It will transform the usefulness of your X-cameras.

Hello wda, any recommendations for view finders for my X (113). Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, del said:

Hello wda, any recommendations for view finders for my X (113). Thanks. 

Del, I am sure your camera would take the same range of viewfinders. As you live in Bath UK, when it becomes possible, why not visit Ace Cameras in Green Street and discuss your requirement with them. They used to be Leica dealers until Leica started to reduce provincial stores. It would be remarkable if they have anything suitable in stock, but they would suggest where you could find one, and might even offer to contact you if they were successful. You could try a 'Wanted' ad in this forum. Someone might have finished with their viewfinder and have one to sell.

10 minutes ago, wda said:

Del, I am sure your camera would take the same range of viewfinders. As you live in Bath UK, when it becomes possible, why not visit Ace Cameras in Green Street and discuss your requirement with them. They used to be Leica dealers until Leica started to reduce provincial stores. It would be remarkable if they have anything suitable in stock, but they would suggest where you could find one, and might even offer to contact you if they were successful. You could try a 'Wanted' ad in this forum. Someone might have finished with their viewfinder and have one to sell.

Thankyou, over the weekend, I will try Ace Cameras .

Am 4.5.2021 um 10:02 schrieb cboy:

Apart from the frame lines the optical viewfinder will not give you additional information. Its a shame that the 113 does not have a distance scale on the lens since it would of worked perfectly with a optical finder from 2m on wards. Anything closer then the live view would have sufficed.

The visoflex for the 113 is recommended for outdoors despite its laggy performance.

and not to forget, the Visoflex 020 has a magnification 1,1:1, particularly useful in combination with Elpro 52.  The magnification is better than of the CL.

Gruß

leiceria