Lag after firmware 3.1

could that lag be the setting for how long to display an image after you've taken it? i turn off this 'feature' on every camera i have as i consider it automated chimping and i don't chimp. :)

/guy

i'd check for bracketing, hdr, self-timer (well, that lag is before the image is taken) although those should be pretty obvious if on. you should be able to tell by going item by item through the menus whether a setting will cause a lag or not. is it better or worse if you set only jpg or only raw or jpeg+ raw? 

as far as cards go, a uhs-ii isn't needed and sandisk is nearly always the most reliable choice and usually what the brands use to test with their cameras. 

/guy

Edited by gteague

8 hours ago, jaapv said:

Could your SD card be fragmented? Run a deep format in SD Formatter.

Instead of a Quick format, an Overwrite format method must be used to defragment an SD card. Do we know which method Leica is using in their cameras? 

SD Formatter does an overwrite. (Greyed out because I had no card inserted)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

OK, I seem to have read wrong information. Both Overwrite and Quick Format options seem to defragment disks. Overwrite is probably there to make sure that the information is properly removed (security issue). Quick Format or in-camera format is likely good enough for  defragmenting the SD card.

Defragging an SSD makes no sense. In fact, it hurts its life cycle. Any time you think you need to "defrag" an sd card, what you should do is format it. Don't ever defrag.

The process of defragmentation is used in hard drives to organize certain files. Thus, the Write and Read head is less move back and forth. The power of the hard disk is not only faster, but also increases your life span. The Defragment USB-Sticks and SD-cards is, however, completely useless. In these Flash memories, there is no Read head, it is, therefore, no matter where the files are located. The procedure is the same for a SD-card is not only pointless, but also harmful. In the defragmentation as many unnecessary Write access, so that the service life would be reduced in case of frequent defragmentation strong.

I would reset the camera.

Edited by franzi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...