Q2 weather sealing experiences?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, FredUllrich said:

Hey Britt,

The durability and design to handle terrible weather is indeed an attribute of the Leica Q2. In fact it has shown me and otherQ2 users how well built it is. I find it surprising,  you would base purchasing a Leica Q2 on this  factor because it  can hold up to wet and lousy weather. The Q2 is so much more not only a durable tool but because of its design it opens up a new way to express yourself and a lot of it is to have  precision in your hip pocket. It really does make fine images. Buy it now and don't look back, Regards,

Fred Ullrich

Weather sealing and battery life were the two things that drove me to the Q2. I want a camera I can bring out with me on a daily basis without a bag and not worry if it's going to rain. None of my Ms offer that. 

14 hours ago, PhotoCruiser said:

Well, that a depends on hoy you treat your camera. My D800 and 4 Lenses survived easily 2 days and one night in the desert.
Just protect the camera as much as possible from dust and sand.

If I should use a camera for a long period in the Desert or under very humid conditions I would buy a waterproof/dustproof camera,
the Olympus ones for example. But they are far from Leica photo quality, but still surprisingly good.

Chris

I did and I would do it again

Order a dry cabinet to store the camera. That is what I have now in Costa Rica what is very humid as well

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris,

I think a compromise would have to be made in camera choice if I do travel to such an extreme location. If i'm not going into such said location then to me IQ is one of the most important considerations, that's why i'm here :) I do treat my cameras well but I'm not afraid to use them at the same time, not always an easy task to keep them protected but ii try.

I have fashioned myself a makeshift humidor here with good results...it's an absolute must in the humid climate, thanks for the tip.

52 minutes ago, piblondin said:

Weather sealing and battery life were the two things that drove me to the Q2. I want a camera I can bring out with me on a daily basis without a bag and not worry if it's going to rain. None of my Ms offer that. 

I'm a new M owner and I completely understand your point of view in that regard...thank you for sharing.