Firmware Update of Q2 to 3.1 cannot download file that works

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It's not clear from your post what exactly you are doing that does not work.

I assume you're downloading from the last link on this page. What do you do then that doesn't work? Did you put the file in the root folder of an SD card installed in your Q2 and follow the update procedure? Did you see any error message? What exactly happened?

Sorry for all the questions but your post is a little vague for me to reply more helpfully.

Stephen

You have the old firmware in your downloads folder, so the new file you just downloaded is the one with the (1) at the end, which the camera would not recognize anyway unless you renamed it. To be safe: delete everything from your downloads folder and download it again.

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1

I deleted all previous Leica downloads, re-downloaded the firmware update file, dragged it onto a formatted SD card, placed the card in the camera, opened Camera Information, selected Update Firmware and got the same error message:  "No firmware on SD card found."  I think there may be something wrong with the file, but I don't know how to solve the problem.

For updating the Q2M:
Try downloading the firmware update from the Leica USA website.

copy the file to a SD card freshly formatted In the camera.
Be sure the name of the file is “Q2M__11_.lfu” with no spaces before or after the name.
The file should be on the top level of the SD card.
Be sure to have a fully charged battery in the camera.

Cheers

On 4/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, robgo2 said:

I am having the same problem with the file Q2M__11_.lfu  

When I get to "Start Update," I get the message:  "No firmware on SD card found."  What is going on?

You did switch off the camera before you inserted the card? A hot swap can cause trouble.

1 hour ago, SrMi said:

Have you tried a different SD card?

Do you have a Q2 or Q2M? (your post from April 17 says you own a Q2, but the file Q2M__11_.lfu is for Q2M)

Good question.  I guess that I posted in the wrong thread.  I thought we were talking about the Q2M, which is what I have. FW update v1.1

1 hour ago, robgo2 said:

Good question.  I guess that I posted in the wrong thread.  I thought we were talking about the Q2M, which is what I have. FW update v1.1

I just wondered because that is the same error when I put the firmware update of the Q in my Q2 :).

Are you also Robgo2 on DPR? There a user Robgo2 says that the problem was solved by using a different SD card

10 hours ago, SrMi said:

I just wondered because that is the same error when I put the firmware update of the Q in my Q2 :).

Are you also Robgo2 on DPR? There a user Robgo2 says that the problem was solved by using a different SD card. 

Same guy.  I should have posted that here as well.  As I suggested above, I got confused about the two threads.

• Haha 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Jobetim:

Apologies for sounding a bit thick, but how do I do that? What I’m doing is simply dragging the update file over to the SD Card and dropping it

Correct!
But drop it in the lowest directory called the root directory.

Then put the sd card back in the camera
Switch the camera on and choose the software menu point and there update
the camera should find the file and ask if you want to update, choose yes and the update starts

Chris

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jobetim:

Thanks Chris, but how do I ‘drop it in the lowest directory called the root directory’ - when I drop the firmware upgrade over the SD card it simply drops it onto the card as the third item on the list.

Then it seems to be in the root directory.

Does the camera see the update when you start it under the menu point Software update? Any error message?

Chris