Advertisement (gone after registration)

Vario-Elmar R 105-280.  It was hard to get these shots as it was raining tropical style at 30ºC so the sensor kept misting up. Horror for sensor cleaning sceptics: I had to keep wiping it with tissues... (and, I must confess, the tail of my T-shirt :( )

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Rowing" CL & TL 55-135 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

This tiny little church originally twelfth century had fallen into ruin but was rebuilt on slightly higher ground in 1858.. St. Mary's, Broughton, Parish of Myddle Shropshire..  CL + 21mm M Mount, one from the light side, one from the dark, couple more on Flickr if you're interested.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Last night in the backyard 60mm, 200 ISO 1/6 @f10  

Posted Images

CL + 35mm TL

Prairie Dock in our backyard tall grass prairie. TL 35mm 1.4

Morphology of the plant[edit]

The typical height of S. perfoliatum plant ranges from 1–2.5 m (3–8 ft). The stem is stout, smooth, slightly hairy (glabrous) strongly 4-angled square, like mint plants.[7] The leaves are opposite, toothed and ovate.[11] The petioles are widely winged and fused around the stem, forming a cup. The first flower develops on the tip of the main stem, then more flowers develop on side branches.[6]

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Louis said:

CL + 35mm TL

I knew these were seen and captured by Louis before I saw his name.  Iconic and delightful.

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

Vario-Elmar R 105-280.  It was hard to get these shots as it was raining tropical style at 30ºC so the sensor kept misting up. Horror for sensor cleaning sceptics: I had to keep wiping it with tissues... (and, I must confess, the tail of my T-shirt :( )

These are superb, and so full of menace.

The Sun has finally decided to come up at a reasonable hour ..  Now, with my usual 5 AM wake up,  I get to see it rise.

I feel blessed to live in Maine!

CL  ..VM 75mm  (@1.5  800 ISO)

Edited by RickP
typo

Modest, but just what we had been looking for eight years ago. Our goal was to find what we termed as a Swedish Box. All on one floor and first class construction. The home was built in 1986, and two older women have lived here before us.  Just perfect for a couple of mid-septuagenarians. Got Lucky.  

On 8/24/2021 at 11:07 PM, ruskkyle said:

These are superb, and so full of menace.

Not much menace - they are harmless to humans.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, Louis said:

A great set, though; and your pain was paid off. These are my less favorite animals, but you made them look really good! :)

Thank you for your kind words but I wonder what makes you negative about these charismatic animals

16 hours ago, jaapv said:

Not much menace - they are harmless to humans.

Thank you for your kind words but I wonder what makes you negative about these charismatic animals

Maybe I sounded too negative, indeed, but that wasn’t my intention!. I love documentaries on  wild life and animals in  wilderness. Although it is always great to see them in freedom, I haven't always found wild dogs and hyenas very attractive! These dogs also  have a great sense of  working together and strategy for hunting. Unfortunately, their natural environment is getting smaller day by day!

Edited by Louis