• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Rowing" CL & TL 55-135 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

This tiny little church originally twelfth century had fallen into ruin but was rebuilt on slightly higher ground in 1858.. St. Mary's, Broughton, Parish of Myddle Shropshire..  CL + 21mm M Mount, one from the light side, one from the dark, couple more on Flickr if you're interested.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Last night in the backyard 60mm, 200 ISO 1/6 @f10  

Posted Images

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Migrating birds a Mallard, lighting was everything. There were Wood ducks on the other side on the road, a good distance away and backlit, so even with spot metering a no go.

CL 400 Telyt

And a Red Winged Blackbird in its natural environment. The bird is a good distance away but consider it an environmental portrait.

CL 400 Telyt

9 hours ago, Boojay said:

Always sweet moments to capture at this time of year... CL + 90SL

too cute..

After school meet up and walk in the park.. so nice to see a bit more of family again... CL 35mm CV Ultron

Missed focus slightly but still loved it..

The second shot, in particular, really has 'pop', Jayne.  I could not decide whether to crop out the figure on the right or not.  Did you consider doing that?  For reasons I cannot really fathom, it 'feels' better as you have presented it.  I just cannot say why!

Edited by rob_w
23 minutes ago, rob_w said:

The second shot, in particular, really has 'pop', Jayne.  I could not decide whether to crop out the figure on the right or not.  Did you consider doing that?  For reasons I cannot really fathom, it 'feels' better as you have presented it.  I just cannot say why!

Robert, I can see your dilemma. This often happens with candid portraiture.  Although I dislike dismembered bodies, Jayne's grab shot gets away with it as she captures a typical mêlée of activity.

39 minutes ago, rob_w said:

Thanks Rob, to be honest I didn't give a thought to cropping at all... I love candid grab shot's.  My granddaughter Roni, pictured here, is a real tomboy, always up to mischief and this photo so captured her personality I just loved it.. technically it's not good, I missed focus due to rushing to grab it... but purely personal feeling I absolutely loved it.

14 minutes ago, wda said:

Robert, I can see your dilemma. This often happens with candid portraiture.  Although I dislike dismembered bodies, Jayne's grab shot gets away with it as she captures a typical mêlée of activity.

Thank you David, yes you're correct in your analysis.

The first shot of the family together, although I liked it I would have preferred if they hadn't seen me coming, not really a lover of posed looking shot's but it still had to be a keeper.

Visiting a small goat farm in Durham township, Pennsylvania. The owners produce cheeses for their neighbors.

CL w 18/56. Topaz Studio 'Van Gogh' filter.

• jaapv changed the title to CL - the image thread
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic