• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Rowing" CL & TL 55-135 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Happy dogs... CL Sigma 56mm Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Last night in the backyard 60mm, 200 ISO 1/6 @f10  

Posted Images

On 3/22/2021 at 2:53 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!
(with apologies to Michael Caine, Noel Coward, Benny Hill etc etc)
CL + 11-23

Nice photo!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/23/2021 at 6:46 AM, lawrence_lee said:

King of Sky.  Sigma 100-400mm.

Nice.  Is that heavily cropped?

On 3/24/2021 at 6:02 AM, Boojay said:

David, no doubt the Sigma can be used successfully on the CL, it's just some of us feel it has its limits.  The three shots below for example (cropped a little) which were earmarked for the bin.. are just outside what I feel is good territory for the Sigma's retention of details.  From settings could maybe have done with a little higher ss though 1/640 should have been enough, and last image there is movement from me not helping, but, zoomed in the feather details are not great.. something other gear/photographer's do better...

While I find the composition of the images pleasant enough, they just don't grab me, I'm really not blaming the gear just looking for more from both it and myself.

I should add, I don't like swapping gear around either, one of my faults though is hanging on to stuff which should go, though with mirrorless there is always the chance of an adaptor coming along which make things work better😃.

Are the Flickr versions of these images full resolution from the CL?  Just trying to get a feel for what the camera can do.  Actually an SL2 with an APS-C crop would be higher resolution, but the CL resolution is usually still good enough.

14 minutes ago, vikasmg said:

Are the Flickr versions of these images full resolution from the CL?  Just trying to get a feel for what the camera can do.  Actually an SL2 with an APS-C crop would be higher resolution, but the CL resolution is usually still good enough.

No Vikas, I don't ever put full resolution images on flickr... obviously depends what you want to do with them but sure the CL resolution is more than good enough for most.  Believe APS-C cropped on SL2 is actually lower -  20mps as opposed to CL's 24 mps.

“It’s harvest time on the remote island of Citronas and the farmers anxiously await the arrival of the handpicked basketball players who will place the fruit into specially prepared baskets.“ (CL + 18-56)

On 3/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, Boojay said:

No Vikas, I don't ever put full resolution images on flickr... obviously depends what you want to do with them but sure the CL resolution is more than good enough for most.  Believe APS-C cropped on SL2 is actually lower -  20mps as opposed to CL's 24 mps.

Hm, I would have thought 45MP/1.5 = 30.  But I'm probably mixing dimensions with pixel numbers.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb vikasmg:

Hm, I would have thought 45MP/1.5 = 30.  But I'm probably mixing dimensions with pixel numbers.

The Leica SL2 Technical Data sheet says:

Sensor sizeCMOS sensor, pixel pitch: 4.3 μm / Fullframe (47.3 MP): 8368 x 5584 pixels / APS-C (20.2 MP): 5504 x 3664 pixels

Emerald Kingfisher. Sigma 100-400mm + 1.4X Extender, Handheld.

13 minutes ago, lawrence_lee said:

Emerald Kingfisher. Sigma 100-400mm + 1.4X Extender, Handheld.

Great images Lawrence, the first one is beautiful.

• jaapv changed the title to CL - the image thread
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic