CL - the image thread

This is as close as I get to 'birding'  shot with the 55-135 just 6km out from the Melbourne City in Australia.  We have a native wildlife area where birds come to bath, frolick and mate.

Newells Paddock Kensington, Victoria Australia by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Edited by mmanda

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Look at the squat my little man has going on here.  We start off being so flexible, agile and able to get into these positions so easily and then we are made to sit all day in school, where slowly our bodies stop moving the way evolution built us to move...... 

theperfectsquat by mmanda withers, on Flickr

11 hours ago, mmanda said:

This is as close as I get to 'birding'  shot with the 55-135 just 6km out from the Melbourne City in Australia.  We have a native wildlife area where birds come to bath, frolick and mate.

Newells Paddock Kensington, Victoria Australia by mmanda withers, on Flickr

So nice to see Royal Spoonbills and Ibises foraging together.  Beautiful capture!

Kachhwa Christian Hospital, about 40km south west of Varanasi (Benares). Founded by my great grandfather in the 1890s, and still going strong, and now expanding (after a few rocky patches). This was taken during the Sunday morning service (in Hindi. though the preacher spoke in English, translated to Hindi, for our benefit). Women and men sit separately, although otherwise take an equal part in the service - here, one of the women is reading from the Bible. The hospital has four foci: Christian mission, hospital health care, community health, and education (primary, vocational and leadership). An inspiring place to visit. I shall post a couple of other shots shortly.

CL + 18-56 zoom

Kachhwa Christian Hospital, Sunday School poster. The Garden of Eden looks a bundle of fun!

CL + 18-56 zoom

Gulu Dancers, Malawi.  This is a cultural thing, the sect is very much alive with the Chewa people. They have a special status and represent spirits inhabiting human bodies. They dress up on cemeteries and attend important happenings in the community. They cannot speak, only grunt and go about demanding money. In this case they were present because of the inauguration of a new chief. The people have a respect-fear relationship to them (although I suppose their wives will recognize their feet :lol: ).

18-56

On 11/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, LocalHero1953 said:

The burning ghats, Varanasi (Benares), India

CL + 18-56TL zoom. (FWIW ISO 1600, 1/60th, f/5.5, FL 25mm)

Stellar shot. Great colour, great atmosphere. 

23 hours ago, Ando said:

TL 18-56

These are wonderfully framed pictures of beautiful shots but to my eye they lack a certain ‘brilliance’ in the light, for want of a better word.  Is that intentional?

3 hours ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Kachhwa Christian Hospital, Out-Patient Department

CL + 18-56 zoom

Nice set.  Reminds a little of the Wanless Hospital in Miraj, started in 1894 by the Quakers I believe, where my mother worked for a short while many years ago.  I like your photography 🙂

Edited by vikasmg

• jaapv changed the title to CL - the image thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic