Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 hours ago, wsself said:

Leica CL  |  11-23mm Super Vario Elmar 3.5-4.5  |  ISO 100  |  F16  |  6 Seconds  |  With ND Filter Attached

The view from my office window. Some detail was lost scaling this down for presentation in this forum, but I am rather pleased with this camera's output nonetheless. 

Great view of the Royal York and RBC buildings. I used to work there, now in Ottawa. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Rowing" CL & TL 55-135 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

This tiny little church originally twelfth century had fallen into ruin but was rebuilt on slightly higher ground in 1858.. St. Mary's, Broughton, Parish of Myddle Shropshire..  CL + 21mm M Mount, one from the light side, one from the dark, couple more on Flickr if you're interested.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Last night in the backyard 60mm, 200 ISO 1/6 @f10  

Posted Images

This is a 'Mantaplatte' (Manta plate). It consists of a Currywurst, see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currywurst, served with french fries 'rot-weiss' (red-white) or just 'weiss.' It’s a cult dish throughout Germany now, but there are two strongholds that vie for the best Currywurst in the country, Berlin, where the dish was invented, and the highly industrialized Ruhr Region with its many football clubs and large working class population. I found this Currywurst on a recent business trip at a snack stand in North Frisia, the northern most district of Germany and I was glad to realize that it was an original 'Mantaplatte.' The sausage used to make it is from a small butcher’s called 'Doenninghaus' based 450 km to the south, in the city of Bochum. Bochum was home to the Opel plant where the model Manta was made, hence, the name 'Mantaplatte.' To make a good Currywurst the sausage needs to have a certain soft texture. In Berlin, therefore, the most tasty ones are usually served without skin. The Doenninghaus sausage, even with skin, has a delicate texture that harmonizes really well with the spicy sauce and the crispy fries. It's among the best I've had. Enjoy!

Less compressed JPEGs here: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-n3g63s/

12 minutes ago, Jim-St said:

Corpach Basin, Caledonian Canal, with clouds rolling over Ben Nevis and the Nevis Range mountains. CL + Elmarit-TL 18mm  

Jim

my home town....it's been a wee while since I was back, thanks for the memory  

On 11/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, grahamhoey said:

Great view of the Royal York and RBC buildings. I used to work there, now in Ottawa. 

Hey thanks! I can't tell you how many times I've photographed this scene, and through a wide variety of conditions - snowing, raining, sunrise, sunset, and fog. I bet Ottawa keeps you busy with your camera. I'd love to get back there soon to do some more shooting... perhaps after winter passes. 😀

A quiet walk on a cloudy day as, not far away, a big man in a big house was throwing a tantrum ...

• jaapv changed the title to CL - the image thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic