CL - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Personal preference, I guess.

I don't like sites like Flickr, never go there unless I have to.

Let's return to posting images here, much more interesting.

CL with 135mm Tele-Elmar . . . 

Methinks I focused on the wrong thing here . . . gotta learn to "frame-it" better! 

tukhmmm.jpg

Well, there was an arrow telling you where to look. 

Whoops! Jaap got there ages ago………..

Edited by microview

He obviously likes red!

CL + Vario Elmar-T 55-135

Window and Phone Box

Peel, Isle of Man 2018

Leica CL + Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8

This morning at the Peel breakwater, it was soft and drizzly, blowy, and I had problems getting the focus correct. I realized, after looking at the exposures I made, that the soft focus was actually part of what I was seeing ... Not exactly what I wanted, but eh? It works in a fashion. I do want to head back there tomorrow and get something a bit more sharp ... and the light will likely be entirely different.

Ach, just one more full day on the Island and then off to England! I love this place.

enjoy!

I actually like the out of focus look here. It convey a real feel and atmosphere.  Will be curious if one in focus is better or just different.

Just playing with depth of field....Bronze Otter.  1.4 Summilux TL

Edited by johntobias

In pursuit of a soft focus look, CL with old Tokina 100-300, then Colour Efex Pro Nik Filter, cheering up a dull afternoon at home

My Sunflowers by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Another version on flickr if you care to look.

This little guy Serenading us from roof of the greenhouse was my reason for mounting the 100-300, still a little far away but too sweet to ignore.

Garden Serenade by Jayne Booton, on Flickr

Shoot wide open, with wonderful model @emamckie

Leica CL with Leica NOCTILUX 50mm f0.95 ASPH.

Instagram http://bit.ly/twistedmind

I keep coming back to look at this - it's a haunting image - beautifully done.  It doesn't need to be a beautiful girl to make for this sort of image but my goodness it helps.

I keep coming back to look at this - it's a haunting image - beautifully done.  It doesn't need to be a beautiful girl to make for this sort of image but my goodness it helps.

+1

I don't know how long I stared at that picture. I guess a 12k lens and a talented photographer is a pretty good combo.

+1

I don't know how long I stared at that picture. I guess a 12k lens and a talented photographer is a pretty good combo.

Yes, it's hard to stop looking.  Talented photographer without doubt, 12k lens a help of course but I still get annoyed at the capabilities of some people with their blooming phones, beautiful willing model big plus!!

Yes, it's hard to stop looking.  Talented photographer without doubt, 12k lens a help of course but I still get annoyed at the capabilities of some people with their blooming phones, beautiful willing model big plus!!

Indeed! What really upset me the other day was that I was going through some old files and pulled up a photo and worked on it in photoshop, and thought it was pretty good. Then, I realized it hadn't come from my Q, but from my iphone!

Remove Thanks

jaapv's Photojaapv

Yesterday, 18:08

When posting a new thread, please use the little pull-down menu to tag it "TL", "CL" or "None"(when applicable to both cameras)

And please make the title clear. About a lens, for instance, don't specify "CL" or TL", make it APS-C, as it will function on either camera, etc.

Otherwise a moderator will have to edit the title, we have more things to do...

A few pictures from my homeland. The Rhön (near Fulda/Germany) is a low mountain range, which is characterized as a biosphere reserve.

The landscape was created by livestock farming, but there are also some raised bogs.
All made with Leica CL and TL18-56.

• jaapv changed the title to CL - the image thread
  • jaapv pinned this topic
  • jaapv pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic