Cleaning Recommendations

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there. Today while taking photos with my MP I realized some kind of liquid had dropped on the back of my camera. It had been dried before I noticed it. As a reflex I immediately clean the thing but the same stuff had also snuck on to the light seal cloth that covers the parameters of the back door. How can I clean the residue on the light seal? Or should I bother? I am afraid of the possibility of the strange liquid damaging the light seal.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Delicate job, not hard if take time to do it.

Take off the back door using a fine/small cross screwdriver, pushing to inside on the latch, with care not to damage anything.

Then with a couple of cotton sticks and water (with soft soap) to begin if not some fluid compatible with rubber may do.

You can also clean the other side of the seal to be safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Delicate job, not hard if take time to do it.

Take off the back door using a fine/small cross screwdriver, pushing to inside on the latch, with care not to damage anything.

Then with a couple of cotton sticks and water (with soft soap) to begin if not some fluid compatible with rubber may do.

You can also clean the other side of the seal to be safe.

1 hour ago, plaidshirts said:

I use isopropyl alcohol to clean my electronics and camera gear. It should work fine for what you're trying to do.

Thank you for the suggestions. I think I will first try to clean it with water.