Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

How do you get the pics off the camera? Transfer to the card? Added step.

I think the idea was that m11 internal storage would be for redundancy , so if a card was seen to fail, the internal backup would have the image. This might include  a circular buffer option that  would write over images after for example 100 shots... this could then be copied onto a fresh card when needed.

The TL2 had internal storage , but not for redundancy - more likely there incase some amateur forgot to replace a card ... not that I've done that 😉 

11 hours ago, jonoslack said:

Perhaps it would be good if the new camera was the size of an M5? After all, a tribute to the past, and perhaps a chance for redemption after all these years?

That comment specifically from you is suspiciously hinting at something I would never want and makes me feel even better on my recent most purchase 😛

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jonoslack said:

Perhaps it would be good if the new camera was the size of an M5? After all, a tribute to the past, and perhaps a chance for redemption after all these years?

Uh oh ? Are you trying to tell us something Jono ? Are you trying to prepare us for the shock 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Photon42 said:

Maybe that's a thing in Colorado ...

I watched the video and he says he prefers larger cameras, mentions the Nikon as well.  That's all fine, but I really do think he's in the minority.

As technology advances, the trend is to go smaller.  That doesn't mean the M11 will have a smaller body, but rather you can pack more stuff into that body.  Smaller chips (when Leica can source them and that's a whole different story) performing my tasks and doing those tasks quicker.  That is what I expect from the M11.

There's an interesting thread in the M240 forum which has some off the wall ideas.  Sorry, I don't know how to copy threads or post links but here is the title for those who may have missed it:

Forget the M11-D, we want the M-A-D!

Rate this topic

Rate this topic

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jonoslack said:

Good grief, I hope not.  Smaller and lighter is better!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FrozenInTime said:

The TL2 had internal storage , but not for redundancy - more likely there incase some amateur forgot to replace a card ... not that I've done that 😉 

I have - on several occasions, and I really liked the fact that the TL2 had internal storage. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steven said:

Uh oh ? Are you trying to tell us something Jono ? Are you trying to prepare us for the shock 😂😂😂

Steven - you should know by now to ignore everything I say under these circumstances - basically there are two possibilities

1. I know - in which case I certainly won't say

2. I don't know - in which case I don't know 

🤪😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

Steven - you should know by now to ignore everything I say under these circumstances - basically there are two possibilities

🤪😂

Perfect answer.  This type of thread must be quite challenging, a bit like walking through a minefield and dropping a few false trails along the way,

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jonoslack said:

If nothing else, lenses like the 75 Noctilux and 90 Summilux would look better balanced on a bigger M body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T25UFO said:

Perfect answer.  This type of thread must be quite challenging, a bit like walking through a minefield and dropping a few false trails along the way,

2 hours ago, jonoslack said:

🤪😂

"We can neither confirm nor deny" ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glomar_response

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T25UFO said:

Well, I don’t have to join in, but I find the discussions interesting (whether I know stuff or not). I’m as passionate about it all as anyone else, so different opinions are fascinating. 

I try not to leave any trails (false or not). I like surprises as much as most people !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jonoslack said:

I have - on several occasions, and I really liked the fact that the TL2 had internal storage. 😉

Actually 64MB internal storage would be very useful, purely as a back-up if nothing else.  That's essentially what I use the second card for on cameras that have them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vikasmg said:

Actually 64MB internal storage would be very useful, purely as a back-up if nothing else.  That's essentially what I use the second card for on cameras that have them.

It would definitely be a good solution if it keeps the camera small. However, we have to remember that it will cost in Leica $, not in regular world or even Apple $. 

Leica M target audience is shrinking to ……..

14 hours ago, jonoslack said:

🤪😂

Rumsfeld …

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, vikasmg said:

64MB would not even hold a single frame, so we can call that a typo ... TL2 has 32 GB ; 64GB internal would indeed be useful in a M11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Fang changed the title to Leak image of M11
  • jaapv changed the title to Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}