Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

9 hours ago, SrMi said:

Hasselblad stopped making those. You can get one on eBay for $15k. I am not selling mine :).

10 hours ago, ianman said:

The 907X special edition. Because it has a “On the moon since 1969” plaque on the side.

Yes all sold, but the regular model that came after the special edition has a higher resolution screen and it's cheaper than the special edition's original list price.  It just doesn't have the "on the moon" plaque.

Using the 907X is a unique experience and I would think ideally suited to your style of photography.  I bought one for my son's 40th birthday - special birthday, special present - and he loves it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ianman said:

So why are my thoughts turning to the Hasselblad? I mainly shoot land/seascapes and nature. I take photos at a slow pace, like many of us having learned with film, I still shoot sparingly. Bigger, slower, poor AF are not issues for me.

1 hour ago, Steven said:

can ou develop ? 

no pun intended.

I meant to say 907X is ideally suited for @ianman photography - landscapes, seascapes etc - wasn't meant as a comment for your style of photography, although I'm sure you would enjoy it.  It's light to carry around, especially with the 45P lens, which is 35mm equivalent for full frame.  Maybe the small, square shape is where Leica is headed 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lct said:

Why useless? It is essential for me. YMMV.

Then why not a C (custom) button instead of Play ?  with Play as default value

3 buttons Menu,  C ,  Fn

Edited by cirke

16 hours ago, evikne said:

You forgot "only with a digital sensor". I still want that. 😉

Just in case there is any confusion I strongly suspect that Horosu was meaning the (digital) M-D Typ-262 and not the original (film) MD...

Philip.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 minutes ago, pippy said:

Just in case there is any confusion I strongly suspect that Horosu was meaning the (digital) M-D Typ-262 and not the original (film) MD...

Philip.

You have certainly right, I was a little too quick with my answer. @grahamc also suggested this camera. But that's not a relevant option for me, because I also want M10-D's thinner body, quieter shutter sound and integrated thumb rest. I just hope there will be a future model similar to this, but with a better solution than the current WiFi connection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cirke said:

Then why not a C (custom) button instead of Play ?  with Play as default value

3 buttons Menu,  C ,  Fn

My M8.2, M240 and digital CL have a Play button at the same place more or less. My right hand has not to move this way. BTW the M10 and SL2 have the same AFAIK but i have no experience with them. Why not using the FN button as custom? Just an idea.

6 hours ago, evikne said:

You have certainly right, I was a little too quick with my answer. @grahamc also suggested this camera. But that's not a relevant option for me, because I also want M10-D's thinner body, quieter shutter sound and integrated thumb rest. I just hope there will be a future model similar to this, but with a better solution than the current WiFi connection.

Just to add that the M-D (Typ 262) as the M262 have an upgraded shutter that is quieter than the stock M10 shutter.  The difference is very audible. I had both to compare, so I know. However, silent as the M10-P shutter, they are not

21 hours ago, IkarusJohn said:

I'm not sure what you'll gain - the 50c is really exceptional.  That sensor is in so many cameras, despite its relative age ...

Largely agree. The output from the 50c is stellar.  I have no desire for 100 Mpx, 50 is the goldilocks number for this format AFAIC.  The  current body and layout are close enough to perfect to hope that the body remains as it is, though I wouldn't mind a 4 way or joy stick to control the AF points. The only truly valuable additions that would get me to upgrade are obvious, IBIS and some form of faster AF. 

On 6/28/2021 at 11:16 PM, ianman said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. The key word in my comment was “could”.  I’m sure a few members will have read (some no doubt with exasperation  ) my many posts raving about my M9. I am still very happy with that camera and I do not need anything more. Yes I have been tempted by the monochrom and “d” models but each time I just reach the same conclusion.

Like you I was annoyed, extremely, at the sensor debacle and at that time almost gave up on Leica completely. But when I finally did get my camera back with a new sensor the results seemed, to me, even better than before. The only time I might want a new digital M is when my M9 becomes unusable. At that time if the current M is attractive I may get one. But I wrote in my post “as things are looking”, meaning that based on the details Steven has shared ( and tbh, so far he has been spot on ), the road Leica is taking with the M is not looking attractive to me.

So why are my thoughts turning to the Hasselblad? I mainly shoot land/seascapes and nature. I take photos at a slow pace, like many of us having learned with film, I still shoot sparingly. Bigger, slower, poor AF are not issues for me. The V system seems very attractive and hopefully they will add a monochrome back at some point.

Anyway, we are not there yet... And I’ll always have my MP!

The v system 907x looks very beautiful but even if i could afford it i think i would struggle with the touch screen interface and their lenses not having aperture rings but for most people that is normal now i suppose?

16 hours ago, lct said:

My M8.2, M240 and digital CL have a Play button at the same place more or less. My right hand has not to move this way. BTW the M10 and SL2 have the same AFAIK but i have no experience with them. Why not using the FN button as custom? Just an idea.

Fn is something else , with a C button you can Play if you want or do another action

10 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

The v system 907x looks very beautiful but even if i could afford it i think i would struggle with the touch screen interface and their lenses not having aperture rings but for most people that is normal now i suppose?

It's actually quite a bit cheaper than an M. I've just had q quick look on the site of of the place I go and the Hassy is €6645, whereas the cheapest digital M is €7650. Price of lenses are similar for both brands.

As for the aperture rings I have no idea what other find "normal" and frankly my dear... :)  The biggest negative point for me is focus by wire.... I detest it. Though for the type of photography I have in mind with this camera, I could live with it and the touch screen, which from the reviews I've seen, seems very usable in that situation.

5 hours ago, lct said:

FN Custom buttons seem pretty usual AFAIK https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q="fn+custom+button"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8. My vote would go for that or change nothing at all. YMMV.

Sorry but I see no reason to get a button for only one function like play, with a custom button you could let it on play and me on Leica Fotos

• Fang changed the title to Leak image of M11
  • jaapv changed the title to Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}