Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, Tailwagger said:

I'm supposing, given there wasn't room for mechanical IBIS but a strong desire expressed by owners, that Leica, geniuses that they are, has figured out a way to utilize the gyro and computational photography to do some form of IS in software.  I'm imagining that they've might have found a way to sacrifice pixels, a sort of inverted multi-shot mode mode it you will.  All the work done around perspective control might have been a run up to this and could explain why that feature showed up on the M rather than the SL. 

It’s an interesting idea. An old style rangefinder camera and optional computational photography in one package! If the processor and memory are fast enough, it’s quite possible. Maybe in Leica M13?

1 hour ago, lct said:

Or optical "stabilization" due to downsampling mode... RF accuracy is easier to achieve at 15MP than 60MP... Just a (cynical) guess ;).

It is the same effect as when downsampling in the post, except that you lost the original information.
Lower resolution helps with RF accuracy or body shake only when pixel peeping. When looking at the outputs of the same dimension (web or print), the lower resolution does not help.

41 minutes ago, SrMi said:

It is the same effect as when downsampling in the post, except that you lost the original information.
Lower resolution helps with RF accuracy or body shake only when pixel peeping. When looking at the outputs of the same dimension (web or print), the lower resolution does not help.

Or downsampling for the M11 and IBIS for the M12? 

Have we speculated on the price yet? The SL2-S has become significantly cheaper due to the use of a commercially more accessible sensor. At least that is my explanation. If a Sony sensor is used again, then one could expect something similar. Or at least not a big increase. Unless, however, all the other innovations "eat up" the price advantage.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb scroy:

I like the M12 and Q4 projections.  🤪

https://camkiter.com/br/camera/leica-m12-digital-camera-85

https://camkiter.com/br/camera/leica-q4-mirrorless-digital-camera-239

With an odd AMD chip as well on the Q4 page. 🤣

Looking forward to more credible rumors. 

but the best is the new 35mm M AF :) 

https://camkiter.com/br/camera/leica-m-35mm-f2.8-lens-191

3 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

In Brazil they have all the M11 specs and expected price! ;) 

https://camkiter.com/br/camera/leica-m11-digital-camera-84

An expected price of $9650 USD - I was expecting it to be a bit over $10,000 USD.

The features listed are:

5,760,000 dot viewfinder, 60MP Full-frame CMOS sensor, splash-water protected in compliance with IEC standard 60529, 5 axis Body Image Stabilization. The camera stabilizes up to 5.5 stops, Interval Timer Shooting, Built-In Eye Sensor, Self-Timer, Full HD Video, Fully automatic, sport, portrait, landscape, night portrait, snow/beach, fireworks, candlelight, sunset, digiscoping, miniature effect, panorama, time-lapse, Microphone, Wireless Connectivity & Image Stabilization.

Given that the price of the M11 is expected to be just $655 USD higher than the M10R, it seems to me that it is well worth its price tag. 

I'm not sure what this is about, but the link claims the M11 has autofocus:

Automatic (Autofocus in modes iAF/AFs/AFc/Touch AF) or manual. With manual setting: Auto Magnification and Focus Peaking optionally available as focus aids

Last of all, if you look at the right corner of what we can see of the bottom plate, it appears to be the same as the bottom plate on the M10 cameras.

Or maybe all the above is nothing more than speculation and/or fantasy.

Edited by Herr Barnack